• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton meets with MLB officials about a disciplinary issue

SoWhat

The offense is worse when Hamilton is in the lineup.

Bonds at the height of his juiced up days could have replaced him in the lineup against the Royals and the Angels still would have lost.

I do agree with you though.  He simply looks clueless every at-bat and like he has lost his love for the game.  Joyce is a much better option. I wonder how long it will take for all the facts to come out and his suspension to be announced.

Look at the bright side: he probably won't be on the team anymore. The guy is toxic, and I blame him for the team's decline at the end of last season/Division series. Good riddance.

Good thing we didn't just re-sign Torii a couple years ago.

Oh don't bring that up.  Even if Hamilton never did another drug in his life, Torii was still the better, much cheaper, option.  Many here on the boards knew so at the time but he wasn't as big a name as Hamilton.  Oh well.

If this is indeed a relapse, I don't see how Josh plays in MLB again...and it's probably for the best that he didn't. He's got, what? 6 kids? He needs to be with his family and get help and worry about that from now on

I posted pretty much the same thing on another board.  He needs to get clean and focus on his family and should be done with baseball. Can you imagine the story lines and ratings the real housewives will get now?  Husband going through drug treatment and suspension from baseball will get eaten up.

Edited by beatlesrule

Is anyone surprised he relapsed? He looked like a hot mess with that hideous neckbeard–and he had this zonked out look. 

273TuPMl.jpg

Edited by failos

Someone refresh my memory. 

Hamilton had an accountability partner employed by the Texas Rangers to keep him out of trouble.  I believe when he came to the Angels, either Hamilton or the Angels dismissed the need, and nobody from the Angels replaced the Rangers guy.  Correct? 

Someone refresh my memory. 

Hamilton had an accountability partner employed by the Texas Rangers to keep him out of trouble.  I believe when he came to the Angels, either Hamilton or the Angels dismissed the need, and nobody from the Angels replaced the Rangers guy.  Correct?

Yes there was. Problem is it was Tony Phillips

Mike DiGiovanna tweeted:

1st drug abuse gets counseling and extra testing

2nd drug abuse gets 25 game suspension

3rd drug abuse gets 80 game suspension

4th drug abuse gets banned

So the question is, what number is it for Hamilton?

During Spring Training of the 2003 season, Hamilton failed his first drug test. At the start of the 2003 season, Hamilton showed up late several times during spring training and was reassigned to the team's minor league camp. He left the team and resurfaced several times, but eventually took the rest of the season off for personal reasons. Hamilton was hoping to return to spring training with the Devil Rays in 2004, but he was suspended 30 days and fined for violating the drug policy put in place by MLB. Because of the length of his suspension, and the terms of the drug policy, Hamilton could have failed two or more drug tests after being put into the program. A "failed" test is one in which there is a positive result for a drug more severe than marijuana.[14] A month later, MLB suspended him for the entire season after he failed two more tests.[15][16]

Hamilton was out of baseball for almost three years. He made several attempts at rehabilitation, and started off the 2005 season with hopes of being a star major league outfielder. However, he was arrested before the season for smashing the windshield of a friend's truck. The Rays placed him on the restricted list, moving him off the 40-man roster. After another relapse, MLB suspended him for the entire 2006 season.[16]