• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Joe Smith

SoWhat

Does anybody have a current list of teams interested in Kendrick or Trumbo?

mp I'd refer you over to any of my 'Hot Stove Trade Speculation' articles as many of them involved trading Trumbo/Kendrick.

Giants: Could play Kendrick (move Scutaro to 3rd) and Trumbo (1B, moving Belt to LF)

Blue Jays: Could play Kendrick at 2nd

Padres: Could play Kendrick at 2nd (move Gyorko to 3rd and trade Headley) and Trumbo at 1B (moving Alonso to RF and trading Venable)

Royals: Could play Kendrick at 2nd

Indians: Could play Trumbo at 1B or RF (moving Swisher to the other position)

Rays: Could play Trumbo at 1B

Marlins: Could play Trumbo at 1B

Mets: Could play Kendrick at 2nd (moving Murphy in trade), Aybar at SS, and maybe Trumbo in the OF

Rockies: Could play Kendrick at 2nd or Trumbo at 1B

Orioles: Could play Kendrick at 2nd or Trumbo in LF

Reds: Could play Kendrick if they trade Phillips

Those are just the ones off the top of my head. There are probably a couple more that would be fits.

There is a pretty strong and/or flexible market for both Kendrick and Trumbo. Aybar not so much but there are creative avenues out there for him as well.

Edited by ettin

Freese is a fine defnesive 3B.  He had lingering back pain and calf issues last season, so he wasn't very good defensively.  But he;s proven that when he's healthy he's at the very least, an average defensive 3B.  The biggest concern with him is his focus and his health.  If those two are straightened away then it's a foregone conclusion that Freese will be outstanding offensively and solid defensively. 

He stays on third and we just accept he is a corner infielder and is not necessary to be of gold glove quality.

Freese's defense doesn't worry me as much as the other positions.  It's likely that his injury was at least partially responsible for his defensive slide.  But they just added a guy with a career GB% around 57% and at 5 mil per they are intending to use him in high leverage situations, so if they do move Howie, they really cant have both sides of the IF awful.

For me it's less about Freese and more about how awful Grant Green is with a glove.  

Question, is anyone else here also drooling over the potential of adding Morin, Alvarez and Bedrosian to the bullpen within the next year?

Frieri, Smith, Burnett, Morin, Alvarez, Bedrosian, DDLR - F YEAH!!!

THIS. One of the main reasons I'm excited for the season. I've been dying to see Morin up in the bigs.

Freese's defense doesn't worry me as much as the other positions.  It's likely that his injury was at least partially responsible for his defensive slide.  But they just added a guy with a career GB% around 57% and at 5 mil per they are intending to use him in high leverage situations, so if they do move Howie, they really cant have both sides of the IF awful.

For me it's less about Freese and more about how awful Grant Green is with a glove.  

I have a feeling Freese will spend quite a bit of time on the DL. I can then see Green playing third and Taylor Lindsey brought up to play 2nd.

Angels activated LHP Sean Burnett from the 60-day disabled list.
It's a procedural move to get him back on the 40-man roster. Burnett was limited to 13 appearances this season before undergoing surgery to repair a small tear in his left flexor tendon. He's expected to be fine for spring training next year. Nov 4 - 7:10 PM

"expected to be fine for spring training next year"

I think they mean 2015.