• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Joe Smith

SoWhat

Great move by Dipoto. In my eyes he's 2-for-2 getting a very good bullpen arm and upgrading the hot corner.

Get either Mujica or Howell and call it an offseason for the bullpen department. Someone said earlier that we shouldn't count on having Burnett. I agree!

We need to beef up the one area the Angels have sucked the past 4 or seasons at, then focus on either getting one more stud SP, or two #3 types for the rotation.

Angels activated LHP Sean Burnett from the 60-day disabled list.

It's a procedural move to get him back on the 40-man roster. Burnett was limited to 13 appearances this season before undergoing surgery to repair a small tear in his left flexor tendon. He's expected to be fine for spring training next year. Nov 4 - 7:10 PM

I will say this, out of the trade candidates(Kendrick, Trumbo, Aybar)....seems to me that Kendrick is the likely one to be moved. I'm not sure they wanted to add Freese and then lose Trumbo, because then the deal looks even more questionable as it wouldn't really upgrade the offense. He'd basically be replacing Trumbo's bat in the lineup and I'm not even sure he'd out produce Trumbo.

Aybar doesn't look likely as they don't have a clear option outside of him and that's what we've been hearing from Halos writers this whole offseason. We've already heard the Angels are reluctant to move Trumbo. They added Green via trade and have Lindsey for 2B. I wouldn't be a fan of the teams defense, but this seems like the direction they are going to go. I expect them to move Kendrick during the winter meetings for a SP, and then they'll sign some cheap option for a 1-2 yr deal to round things out

I will say this, out of the trade candidates(Kendrick, Trumbo, Aybar)....seems to me that Kendrick is the likely one to be moved. I'm not sure they wanted to add Freese and then lose Trumbo, because then the deal looks even more questionable as it wouldn't really upgrade the offense. He'd basically be replacing Trumbo's bat in the lineup and I'm not even sure he'd out produce Trumbo.

Aybar doesn't look likely as they don't have a clear option outside of him and that's what we've been hearing from Halos writers this whole offseason. We've already heard the Angels are reluctant to move Trumbo. They added Green via trade and have Lindsey for 2B. I wouldn't be a fan of the teams defense, but this seems like the direction they are going to go. I expect them to move Kendrick during the winter meetings for a SP, and then they'll sign some cheap option for a 1-2 yr deal to round things out

I swear we have damn near the same baseball mind.

So is the consensus around here that Dipoto should be fired? Or are we back to liking him as the GM?

He's good at spending money, and he's even better at avoiding the blame when shit goes sideways.  So following standard Angels fan protocol, I'm waiting for the first sign of trouble so that Arte can be blamed.

I don't mind his bat - I think he's pretty decent offensively actually - but there's no way I can stomach Freese and Green in the same infield.  Lucho and Green would have worked, and Freese and Kendrick sorta works but not Freese and Green.

Meh, they still have Tommy Field, plus I'm still hopeful they trade Trumbo over Kendrick.  I mean if they truly believe Cron is a guy, they have their power source in house.  But if they care anything at all about run prevention, they will keep Green off 2B.

Meh, they still have Tommy Field, plus I'm still hopeful they trade Trumbo over Kendrick.  I mean if they truly believe Cron is a guy, they have their power source in house.  But if they care anything at all about run prevention, they will keep Green off 2B.

Considering they traded Bourjos and got Freese, I'm assuming this isn't the case.

I think blood brother is correct. Kendrick seems likely to get traded although, like others have said, Freese and Green in the infield is definitely a problem. Offensively those 2 can both be good hitters but their defensive issues would worry me if they both started 140+ games next year.

But Kendrick has a good amount value and he can bring back a good starter who is potentially cheaper which helps keep us under the 189 million figure.

Ok, late to the party.

Smith is a great signing.  But $5 million a year for a reliever is on the top end.  According to my numbers, at about $14 million before going over the competitive balance tax.  Alden is at $6 million.  

We need to get creative to fill those 2 starting, and maybe one relief spot.  Because right now, it looks like Blanton is prime for a spot in the starting rotation.

Well we know Scioscia values defense. So if Howie gets traded you could see Mike starting Romine at second if Green isn't handling it defensively.

Could see a guy like Kelly Johnson signed too if they don't feel comfortable with either of those 2 and if they had the budget to get him.

This team is going to look very different in a few weeks.