• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking Bad ***SPOILERS INSIDE***

There's no such thing as a perfect ending in this.

I'm sure some people are going to say it was too straight forward/obvious. Lydia and the ricin they focused on her tea about 3 times that scene. I called Jesse would strangle Todd with the chains..etc. The part with Badger/Skinny Pete was great.

Right after, I'd give it a 7 or 8.

I'm glad it wasn't A.) Like the Sopranos B.) Actually stayed on long enough for a final episode.

A great show.. can't wait for Better Call Saul and the deleted scenes!

I don't think Vince Gilligan ever wanted there to be surprise or unpredictability in this. From the beginning he said that he wanted to take Walter White and turn him into Scarface--we all know how that ends. Was it predictable? Yeah, but I don't think it was predictable in a bad way, at all.

I f'n loved it. That is how you end a TV show. Dexter and The Sopranos just got put to shame. It was just beautifully written and acted. The little head nod between Jesse and Walt was perfect. And then Walt walking through a meth lab one last time, amazing. I loved the way he did it all. That little scene reflected back so much on the series. He didn't adjust anything in the lab, I think in a way he was proud that Jesse finally got it right. He also died in the meth lab, which is fitting.

As for other scenes, the scene with Skyler was in a way haunting. I'm glad he finally admitted to her that he did everything because it made him feel alive and he was good at it. My girlfriend started to cry a bit when he got to see and touch Holly one last time, as well. Personally, that was my favorite scene. I'm glad Walt got to see his daughter one last time and they didn't have his last interaction with her being him kidnapping her and then leaving her in a fire truck.

The scene with Badger and Skinny? Just pure awesomeness lol.

I don't think Vince Gilligan ever wanted there to be surprise or unpredictability in this. From the beginning he said that he wanted to take Walter White and turn him into Scarface--we all know how that ends. Was it predictable? Yeah, but I don't think it was predictable in a bad way, at all.

I f'n loved it. That is how you end a TV show. Dexter and The Sopranos just got put to shame. It was just beautifully written and acted. The little head nod between Jesse and Walt was perfect. And then Walt walking through a meth lab one last time, amazing. I loved the way he did it all. That little scene reflected back so much on the series. He didn't adjust anything in the lab, I think in a way he was proud that Jesse finally got it right. He also died in the meth lab, which is fitting.

As for other scenes, the scene with Skyler was in a way haunting. I'm glad he finally admitted to her that he did everything because it made him feel alive and he was good at it. My girlfriend started to cry a bit when he got to see and touch Holly one last time, as well. Personally, that was my favorite scene. I'm glad Walt got to see his daughter one last time and they didn't have his last interaction with her being him kidnapping her and then leaving her in a fire truck.

Lots of great points here by you that I overlooked. Might not have been flashy but everything did get an answer and conclusion. I thought the Badger and Skinny Pete moment was great. Awesome way to pay respect to those characters. It was more artistic than anything and I like it for that. Again, I think once I take my time with this show and watch it again over the span of a few months I'll probably love it even more.

The way it was being described..I was just expecting something different and way more chaotic. Not to say it was bad or anything.

Like lots of other things..especially for me...it's better if you see this show twice.

Now, I don't really know what to watch..Homeland..I've heard good things.

Boardwalk Empire/Mad Men..not interested.

The Walking Dead I'm sure will be average as always. Sons of Anarchy just keeps getting worse and worse.

Dexter is done. Heroes isn't coming back.

I'm on the 2nd season of Clone Wars so maybe I'll get back into that.

The way it was being described..I was just expecting something different and way more chaotic. Not to say it was bad or anything.

Like lots of other things..especially for me...it's better if you see this show twice.

Now, I don't really know what to watch..Homeland..I've heard good things.

Boardwalk Empire/Mad Men..not interested.

The Walking Dead I'm sure will be average as always. Sons of Anarchy just keeps getting worse and worse.

Dexter is done. Heroes isn't coming back.

I'm on the 2nd season of Clone Wars so maybe I'll get back into that.

I enjoy Homeland, so I've got that still. I'm two episodes behind on Boardwalk Empire this season. That show is hard for me to watch week to week. Its a show that I need to get the complete season and I can blow through 3-4 episodes at a time. The week to week thing throws off my enjoyment of the show.

I can't stand SOA anymore, if I don't enjoy Tuesdays upcoming episode, I'll be taking it off the DVR. The Walking Dead I watch just for entertainment value, nothing else. 

Breaking Bad was really in a class of its own for me.

And I just wanted to note the music choices throughout the entire run of Breaking Bad. Vince Gilligan and company were masters at selecting the best song for the best situation. Tonight's Baby Blue by Badfinger was so perfect for the ending. After the east coast aired Breaking Bad, the song shot from outside of the top 300 on iTunes. At this moment, it is currently in the top 100 and its looking like it may even crack the top 50.

Yeah, I might try Homeland.

Did Walt die from the cancer or from the gun?

Either way, I thought he could have sold it better. He was just standing there and than he's dead. That's about the only complain I can come up with (other than I think the finale should have been at least 2 hours!),

Loved this ending.  So much good stuff, from Walt being so manipulative at the start of it (and bringing back Badger and Skinny Pete, which led to him finding out Jesse was still alive) to the scene with Skyler and Holly, to Walt admitting he did it for himself, to Jesse not giving Walt what he wanted, to Jesse choking out that creepy **** Todd, to Walt dying in a meth lab.  I can't think of any way it could have been better.  

I thought about it for a while and spoke with some friends about it this morning and I've changed my view on it for the most part. I let it sink in and I think it was a pretty damn good finale. Tied up everything and like someone else said, the final scene with the music was awesome. I wanted one more YEAH BITCH from Jesse though, hah. Overall, I think they did a great job of transforming Walt from the lovely go lucky guy to one of the monsters he used to deal with. Great job. Would've been cool to have an epilogue scene showing Jr getting the money at 18, and Jesse with Brock.

Damn I'm gonna miss this show.  I wish it would have gone on forever, but then, it wouldn't be a good show if it did.  Like the best bands, it knew when to hang it up.

The final scene, with the Bad Finger(?) song reminded me of the final scene of Miami Vice when a very un-'80s, non-Miami Vice-like song was used but it was still fitting and ideal.  The link is someone else's montage but it's close to the actual ending of Vice:

Because it was anticlimactic it kind of felt like it did it's job and no more. But while we all were, as most of society, not fully accurate with ideas and predictions almost everyone expected this show down to be how it was......I didn't want to speculate too much but even called the Walt/Nazi show down with a run in with Jesse. So it seemed too simple on the surface, but reading the Grantland recap this is how the whole show has been, scientific and precise, even if not giving us the bang one thinks a finale should have. Although, the way Vince toys with us I thought Lydia would get the ricin but it would totally be this show to play those obvious scenes only for it to turn out it was another Vince slight of misdirection.

Now I'm more impressed that I think they covered all the bases and satisfied so many groups and followers of the show...those that rooted for Walt and those against him. Pretty impressive to include all types if fans and satisfy close to everyone.

I thought the ending was too clean for how things progressed and didn't expect Walt to go out in his own terms, so to speak. But it wrapped up nicely and followed this new formula where the second or third to.last episode is the real finale and the final episode or two is wrap up, and with that it was perfect.

I think by the end of the show I got more into the cinematography than anything. The scene of Walt walking around the Schwartz home feet away, the scene of Walt behind the beam, and the scene of Jesse driving off where you think on two occassions he might run over Walt. Just awesome work.

If I was to nitpick anyone getting an M60 bullet is not going to make it. Someone mentioned he took a ricochet and that will have to do in some form as even a graze would mean the missing of more flesh.

Brilliant show that I'm eager to watch again. I was talking to James and he mentioned watching the Marathon they did leading up and laughed at one of the first episodes where Walt is struggling with one of the oil drums. working at the car wash to where all the way at the end if the show we see him pushing one through the desert. There are so many of these little details and revisits (luckily I got a bunch from recaps of others and social commentary from viewers) that would be cool to see and come across again.

Brilliant show.

Edited by Brandon

Speaking of cinematography, the scene with Jesse dreaming was also well done.  As it started you wonder what is going on, and it only takes a few seconds to realize it's a dream and the way it shifted to reality and you see him chained to the lab...damn.  

i watched the entire series this season, finally catching up early sunday so i could watch the finale live.

first off: man commercials f*cking kill the flow of that show.

for the finale: meh.

it was good, but nothing was a surprise. things were too easy. 

everything was all nice and tidy and made sense.

i think they wanted to avoid the sopranos open-ended debacle, and really felt restrained from taking a risk.

all in all fantastic show.

but was underwhelmed by the finale.

No doubt, I got lucky where I caught up last year with Netflix. Even when I was caught up I would watch online and a kid commercials. Last night I was at a concert and got to watch it the same at midnight and noted the commercials that would have happened. My phone died at the show but when it worked surprisingly no spoilers.

Vince Gilligan did say he wanted to avoid a Sopranos ending and even mentioned he had how the show would end well in advance which led one to believe it would be a clean finale. When you go through the show and see there are no loose ends you have a feeling it will be a tidy and simple finale.

The dream scene was interesting and made me think of one of the directors interviews and how they shot the show. Not wanting to use fake beards and what not they shot the episodes but went back to the Ozymandias episode and did the opening with the flashback and phone call to Skyler in the beginning of the episode. Kind of unique that that ended up being the finale shooting scene of the show. I thought it was cool to see a clean cut Jesse then ragged looking dude.