• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking Bad ***SPOILERS INSIDE***

I dont know how used facial recognition software is..so that might get him. That and 5-6 weeks later.. Wouldnt some stores/restaurants/gas stations have his pic up by than?

Yeah, that's one thing they didn't hit on. Maybe Marie put Heisenberg up. Jesse is locked away..I don't think Skylar or Flynn would do it. Possibly one of the skaters..who the hell knows.

Wasn't it close to a year later? Walt celebrated his 51st birthday earlier this season. The Denny's scene was on his 52nd birthday.

Someone here emailed me a thing of 25 facts from the show. This one is interesting:

Breaking Bad was originally set in Riverside, California, but it was moved to Albuquerque to take advantage of a tax rebate on production.

It's unique in that there were a lot of articles I never read about how the show helped out the community and prosperity of ABQ. Interesting to think what it would have done out here. Probably more appropriate for Apple Valley or the high desert, but kind of cool.

That's fascinating. Albuquerque became almost its own character in the show. It would have been entirely different in Riverside.

Yeah, it ended up being about a year later. They didn't mention it but the second to the last episode of him getting thinner and scraggly looking was supposed to show us that before the Denny's 52 scene.

I remember Riverside used to be the meth capital of the world many years ago. The city did become unique and there are a few articles about how positively it affected the community. I'll always wonder how that would have played out.

A few years back, I went to the studio where they shot Breaking Bad and a bunch of movies.  It's awesome.  It's basically out in the middle of nowhere and it was built with tech in mind, able to adapt to upgrades reasonably easily. 

The offices are vast and many, which is always a huge issue with the L.A. based studios.  I remember seeing tons of empty offices, parking spaces and so on.  A real luxury in SoCal.

I recognized alot of exterior scenes on Breaking Bad being shot at the studio.  Pretty much every stucco building that looked like it was built in the last ten years was at the studio.  That scene where Walt lights his car on fire in some parking lot?  Studio.  One of the last eps where Walt's leaving a credit union?  Studio.

It's a great facility and New Mexico bends over backwards to get the business.  Meanwhile, California spends its time making sure illegal aliens get drivers licenses.  Goodbye film industry, hello pretty much every other state. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I edited the thread title so we can all share our thoughts on Breaking Bad.

I just finished BB last night and I have to admit, it was way better than I thought, especially better than Dexter. Never thought I'd say that. I'm really glad that I was talked into watching this. After Season 1, Episode 5 I was hooked.

The acting and story writing was superb. Incredible show. I want to watch it all over again soon. I guess I will starting next month since Netflix will be adding the final 8 episodes of season 5. Luckily for me, a co-worker had them all on a thumb drive that I was able to plug right into my Google SmartTV to finish the remaining season.

Breaking Bad Survey

Your favorite actor:

Your favorite character:

Your least favorite actor:

Your least favorite character:

Best Moment in the Show:

Least Favorite Moment in the Show:

Favorite Episode and Season:

Which character did you want to strangle more? Jessie Pinkman, Marie, Skyler or Hank? (or someone else)

Favorite Bad Guy:

Walt's Finest Moment:

Rate the finale out of 10:

If you can change the ending, what would it be (or what additions would you add?):

Best TV Show Ever? (if not, which one tops Breaking Bad):

Yeah, it starts slow and I remember dragging myself through season 2, I believe. When I wanted to give up something would happen that made me see what's next. Then it just got crazy and stuff from the beginning episodes would reappear or be brought back all while still moving forward with some gnarly plot twists.

I actually look forward to watching this again and think I'll enjoy it more because if missed subtitles. Even just popping on random episodes from the last season or two were great to watch again.

Sure why not.

Breaking Bad Survey

Your favorite actor: Cranston (he morphs Walt and switches gears beautifully)

Your favorite character: Mike....Bill Burrs character is a close second

Your least favorite actor: The dude that played Tuco....I don't like him in general

Your least favorite character: Tuco

Best Moment in the Show: Todd shooting the kid....one of the gnarliest things I've seen and actually aloud said "holy shit" while watching a TV show. 2) Walt walking out of Tucos place with money. 3) When Walt says, "Say my name" like a bad ass.

Least Favorite Moment in the Show: When Skylar just kind of wanders off into the pool. Just seemed dramatic and unnecessary.

Favorite Episode and Season: the one where Mike offs people, but strangely doesn't with Lydia. Scratch that, the third to last episode where there are something like five major things happening in one episode...just nuts. Probably season 5

Which character did you want to strangle more? Jessie Pinkman, Marie, Skyler or Hank? (or someone else): They all had their moments. I ended up liking Skylars character. Not so much Marie. But didn't like how Jesse winded down with the show. Probably him.

Favorite Bad Guy: Easily Gus

Walt's Finest Moment: Probably the say my name line. Or I'm the one who knocks. maybe even the line to Hank in the garage.

Rate the finale out of 10: 8 or 9. It wasn't shocking and I think everyone saw it coming, it just seemed proper and fit.

If you can change the ending, what would it be (or what additions would you add?): I would be curious to see how the writers would do Jesse killing Walt

Best TV Show Ever? (if not, which one tops Breaking Bad): I still debate between this and The Wire. Probably go with The Wire because of the social dynamic and abrasive truth even though Breaking Bad has the best writing with Mad Men....which might be my favorite when it finishes.

Tough to answer because there are flashbacks, but I marathoned the first four seasons then we had two years of eight episodes each. I tend to forget some of the crash course stuff earlier in the show.