• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

22 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Bassit and then Sandoval in a package for Adames. 

Good lord no.

We need Sandoval. Especially if Ohtani leaves. You can never have too many good pitchers. It would also be foolish to just assume Anderson is going to who he was last year again. 

This is why they need to just sign a damn shortstop. It’s unlikely they’ll do what’s needed and spend their way out of this mess but trading Sandoval for a guy who posted a .298 OBP last season ain’t it.

Just now, StandOutRealty said:

Nathan Eovaldi is my sleeper pick 

Yeah... I'd take any of those three RHP's in Cueto, Eovaldi or Bassit, but no way in hell do I trade Sandoval for Adames or any SS tbh. 

When you have 4-5 really good free agent SS's out there it would be ridiculous IMO to trade one of our top starting pitchers for a SS. Especially since they already have Rengifo, Neto, Paris, Fletcher and Soto in the fold already. 

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah... I'd take any of those three RHP's in Cueto, Eovaldi or Bassit, but no way in hell do I trade Sandoval for Adames or any SS tbh. 

When you have 4-5 really good free agent SS's out there it would be ridiculous IMO to trade one of our top starting pitchers for a SS. Especially since they already have Rengifo, Neto, Paris, Fletcher and Soto in the fold already. 

I agree do not trade Sandoval for SS. If they do not sign top SS sign a stop gap like Andrus

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Rengifo: 2.4 bWAR in 127 games

Abreu: 4.2 bWAR in 157 games

Abreu had one of the weirdest seasons ever.  Power totals way down despite doing this..

image.png

That's not where the weird stops..   His BABIP last year was .350, so in some ways he was "lucky".   I actually think he's one of those unicorns with crazy bat control skills, but still a season of a lot of contrasts and a very unique batting profile..   

Oh, the other crazy thing about his 2022...  He had a better bWAR/fWAR than he did in his MVP season of 2020..

49 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm over Lorenzen. I want a proven starter that has a track record of logging some quality innings.

I think I'd actually prefer Lorenzen over Cueto.

If you sign Lorenzen as the 6th SP and he struggles, you can move him to the bullpen knowing he has prior success in a high-leverage role there.

I'd rather take my chance with Canning, Silseth, Rodriguez, Davidson, Daniel, Rosenberg, etc. for the 6th spot than sign Cueto. He'll be 37, had a career year, and doesn't strike guys out.

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

just posting to discuss what we think about the Angels going after Bassitt if this is true at all. I'd like it.

I don't see the logic in pursuing Bassitt, who is going to make around $20M a year for, very likely, 3 years.

If you're spending that much, just pay the extra $10M AAV for one of the top four shortstops.

Just now, Trendon said:

I don't see the logic in pursuing Bassitt, who is going to make around $20M a year for, very likely, 3 years.

If you're spending that much, just pay the extra $10M AAV for one of the top four shortstops.

I like Bassitt, but I agree. Sign Correa and Jansen and keep the young starters. 

22 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I like Bassitt, but I agree. Sign Correa and Jansen and keep the young starters. 

Bassitt would've made more sense before they spent $13M AAV on Anderson.

If they add another SP, I think it'll be a 1 year deal for a lower AAV than Anderson got.

5 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Cueto about to go to Houston?

If he's hinting at something with that photo, that'd be my guess.

The fact that this picture of him specifically has Dusty in it makes me think that it's not him returning to the Reds, otherwise he'd use some other picture of him in a Reds uniform.

I could see Dusty, who seems to have Crane's ear, pulling for Cueto since he had him in CIN. But the Astros have a full rotation, so idk.