• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

12 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Probably gona start that up once I get through season 5 of Line Of Duty

Where are you on a scale of 1-10 with Line of Duty? I've always liked your opinions and watched an episode or two a while back and this show has always been on the back burner. One of those ones that eats at me that it just sits there.

Also, if I remember correctly, this is Hulu only, right?

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Where are you on a scale of 1-10 with Line of Duty? I've always liked your opinions and watched an episode or two a while back and this show has always been on the back burner. One of those ones that eats at me that it just sits there.

I liked it

Looks like it's on Hulu and Prime

Screenshot_20220603-115028_Google.jpg

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

I like it, it’s a pretty consumable show, meaning it’s always engaging and leaves you wanting to know what happens next. Hard to put it on a 1-10 scale, maybe in the 7-9 range. It’s plots can be a little contrived and the overarching story is a little silly, but if you can accept the world it’s trying to live in then it’s quite enjoyable.

HULU:  ER   Finally got through all 15 seasons.  Overall, it's held up well.  Chicago was a shithole back then, like it is now.  Lot's of Aids for the time.  The kicker was, in season 8, 20 years ago.  They had a monkeypox episode.  Oh, and they never mask up.  And use morphine for everything.  A good one if you want to revisit a classic.

Netflix: Norm MacDonald - Nothing Special

If you like Norm's style of comedy this is for you.  Recorded at Norm's home in 2020 the night before he had a medical procedure, because Norm didn't want to leave anything on the table. 

After the 50 minute set there is a segment with Letterman, Chappelle, Shannon, O'Brien, Sandler and Spade discussing Norm's final special.  They also share other stories about Norm.

If you appreciate a shaggy dog story, you should like this.

On 5/30/2022 at 10:08 PM, Tank said:

Candy on Hulu

Another Jessica Biel series. Good, and it has some solid twists and turns. They spend a considerable amount of time in flashbacks. It surrounds the murder of a woman and the complex issues she was dealing with, along with the people in her life. S1 has only 5 episodes. 

On 5/31/2022 at 10:54 PM, Tank said:

It picks up in E3. 

Only made it through a few minutes of E3 and bailed on it.

Hulu: The Accident

a group of kids in wales sneak into a building, goof around, and then the building collapses, killing all but one. the city then grapples with who's to blame and what to do. it's only 4 episodes long, and we'll finish it tonight.

rewatched Only Murders in the Building with my wife and daughter over the weekend. finally got junior interested enough to watch something with us. they both liked it and we're now looking forward to S2, which drops the end of this month.

Obi Wan

Woeful. A half-hearted attempt to exploit the Star Wars franchise: it is terribly written, poorly acted, badly directed, and poorly produced, with 'action' scenes that I can only imagine were written by kids in the local high school.

(Caveat: I only lasted 41 minutes of Episode 1.)