• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Nine Perfect Strangers: Hulu

This turned out to be really good series. it's only 8 episodes, but each one was packed with a lot to process. Nine people are handpicked to go to a health spa for various reasons. It's one of those places where it's not only physical regeneration, but each person has to confront whatever emotional issues are going on that might be holding them back from dealing with life, being more successful, healing relationships, etc. There are some really interesting characters and some very interesting stories. It also has a pretty good ending.

5 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

That’s not saying much.

Boba Fett 2.7/10

Incoherent mess.

You didn't like how they shoehorned in a couple episodes of The Mandalorian in just when it looked like it might get slightly interesting?

9 minutes ago, St1ck said:

You didn't like how they shoehorned in a couple episodes of The Mandalorian in just when it looked like it might get slightly interesting?

Those were the only good episodes. It was so awful watching old man boba get his ass beat all the time

Just watched the final Bond chapter with Daniel Craig. Like most Bond movies it could have been a half hour long if they just kill on site the problem scientist at the start. 

Spoiler

The final climb to the control room I replayed with a PS4 joystick hitting duck, fire, grab, action button and it was perfect. 

saw top gun: maverick last night.

this was a very good movie. it wasn't cheesy like parts of the first one. this was an older, more mature maverick. he had a few lingering conflicts to resolve, and i thought that was handled very well. the action was good, the story was solid, and if they wanted to, there could easily be a top gun 3 if they felt so inclined.

Spoiler

my brother mentioned that the bar owner, penny, was the girl briefly mentioned in the first top gun and was an admiral's daughter that got maverick in some hot water. can anyone confirm?

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

this was a very good movie. it wasn't cheesy like parts of the first one. this was an older, more mature maverick. he had a few lingering conflicts to resolve, and i thought that was handled very well. the action was good, the story was solid, and if they wanted to, there could easily be a top gun 3 if they felt so inclined.

Hide contents

my brother mentioned that the bar owner, penny, was the girl briefly mentioned in the first top gun and was an admiral's daughter that got maverick in some hot water. can anyone confirm?

She was. I actually missed some of the cheesy stuff like they had in the original.

Finished Bosch Legacy, S1

Spoiler

The Lara Croft wanna be assassin was over the top... and the ending was a real cliff hanger.  You just knew something was going to happen to his daughter... I'm a little tired of that story line always being a part of these kinds of shows.  I still liked the show though. 

Can't wait for S2.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Nice catch.  Yes, if you look at IMDB and the full name in maverick, it is Penny Benjamin.  

Amazon:  the Marvelous Mrs. Maizel Season 4  This is just a fun little series.  Well acted, well written.  It's not flashy, but it keeps you interested and the episodes fly by.  Sounds like Season 5 will be the final season.  This is probably worth the watch for just about anyone.

24 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Amazon:  the Marvelous Mrs. Maizel Season 4  This is just a fun little series.  Well acted, well written.  It's not flashy, but it keeps you interested and the episodes fly by.  Sounds like Season 5 will be the final season.  This is probably worth the watch for just about anyone.

This is one of my favorite shows. The comedy is GENIUS 

57 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

i've really enjoyed the series. the writing is sharp, and the delivery by the actors is very crisp. susie is hilarious.

"we're going to steiner this summer."