• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

18 hours ago, Tank said:

Candy on Hulu

Another Jessica Biel series. Good, and it has some solid twists and turns. They spend a considerable amount of time in flashbacks. It surrounds the murder of a woman and the complex issues she was dealing with, along with the people in her life. S1 has only 5 episodes. 

Watched the first 2 episodes. It’s ok, I guess. Kind of slow. Not sure If I will keep watching.

On 5/2/2022 at 2:51 PM, Lou said:

I saw the trailer last night and put it on my watchlist. Looks good. 

Did you start watching “Under the Banner of Heaven?” Thoughts?

Anyone else?  @Lou? @Redondo? It’s pretty good, IMO. A little intense at times. 

Edited by True Grich

40 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Wife and I have been watching it. You are right, pretty intense and compelling story line.

The lighting for the show is interesting.  Very dark.  Never brightly lit.

i finished S4 of Cobra Kai last night. there are lots of interesting storylines in this show, but my biggest disappointment is that these kids all need to learn how to manage their anger. holy cow, everything turns into a confrontation and ultimately a fight, but the amount of anger and pure straight up bullying is ridiculous.

i'll watch S5 because of the way S4 ended. i'm intrigued. also, the girl Tory seems to be evolving, as well as Robbie. 

Spoiler

terry silver sucks.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

The lighting for the show is interesting.  Very dark.  Never brightly lit.

It's the hip thing in directing to create mood. Like everyone is in permanent midnight. It's pretty stupid when they mood light a police station from the 70's as if they all had incandescent lamps with 30 watt bulbs instead of flickering florescent panels. 

Movie:  Top Gun Maverick  Perfect blend of nostalgia and action.  Good story.  Lot's of action.  I really liked that they kept the opening the same.  Oh, and @Tank.  My buddy said it reminded him of Iron Eagle.  Watch it in theaters, with premium sound and biggest screen.  Motion seats might also make it more intense.

24 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Movie:  Top Gun Maverick  Perfect blend of nostalgia and action.  Good story.  Lot's of action.  I really liked that they kept the opening the same.  Oh, and @Tank.  My buddy said it reminded him of Iron Eagle.  Watch it in theaters, with premium sound and biggest screen.  Motion seats might also make it more intense.

i don't say this lightly . . . you need a new friend.

Watched Top Gun before seeing Maverick.  Probably for the umpteenth time.  First, it's amazing how much material is reused throughout the film.  For the first time, I noticed that the for rent sign at Kelly McGillis' pad was there, the first time he went to her house.  In other words, they just reused the scene in which he goes to her house and sees it empty later in the flick.  Second, Cruise was sporting a unibrow in the movie.  Once you recognize it, it's hard to not get distracted by it throughout the movie.