• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 minute ago, failos said:

We Own This City is slightly boring. I might need to re-watch it once the entire season drops, but I'm not really feeling it so far--especially with all the time jumps.

I was going to start watching it tonight.  How many episodes have you watched?

Just now, Lou said:

I'm half-way through episode 2. Watched it after work and fell asleep. I was hoping it would feel like The Wire, but it's too disjointed so far.

Jon Bernthal is great, though.

31 minutes ago, failos said:

We Own This City is slightly boring. I might need to re-watch it once the entire season drops, but I'm not really feeling it so far--especially with all the time jumps.

28 minutes ago, Lou said:

I gave up on it 20 minutes into tonight's episode, which was the 4th. I'm a huge fan of The Wire and Jon Bernthal, but this one just did nothing for me. I agree that the non-linear storytelling takes away momentum.  The show just doesn't feel special or remarkable in any particular way. 

12 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I gave up on it 20 minutes into tonight's episode, which was the 4th. I'm a huge fan of The Wire and Jon Bernthal, but this one just did nothing for me. I agree that the non-linear storytelling takes away momentum.  The show just doesn't feel special or remarkable in any particular way. 

I’m pretty sure it’s a 6 episode mini-series, so it’s disappointing how it doesn’t improve by episode 4. Bummer.

I’m going to go eat some lake trout.

On 5/13/2022 at 6:39 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

The Northman

A classic revenge tale set among Viking tribes around the 9th or 10th century. Visually grounded, the world feels exceptionally lived in and authentic, interspersed with some cool mysticism. The story has a few surprises and maybe even something to say. Good use of the R rating, and maybe worth a 4K Blu-ray purchase down the road.

Alexander Skarsgard Kill GIF by Regal

I'm leaning towards this one

MEN: Written/Directed by Alex Garland (Ex Machina, Annihilation) and released by A24.  This one will definitely be divisive.  Woman whose estranged husband killed himself goes to a house in a small town in England to have some peace and quiet.  While there, strange events occur to her, including various men (all played by the same actor) appearing at random times to creep her out or try to attack her.  The last 20 minutes or so are truly "WTF?" moments.

On 5/19/2022 at 10:30 PM, jsnpritchett said:

MEN: Written/Directed by Alex Garland (Ex Machina, Annihilation) and released by A24.  This one will definitely be divisive.  Woman whose estranged husband killed himself goes to a house in a small town in England to have some peace and quiet.  While there, strange events occur to her, including various men (all played by the same actor) appearing at random times to creep her out or try to attack her.  The last 20 minutes or so are truly "WTF?" moments.

When can I see this?