• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 5/26/2022 at 5:33 PM, St1ck said:

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think they would remake this. I have zero interest, but Warwick Davis is the man and his show that was on HBO was hilarious.

I can at least see movies like Gremlins and Short Circuit being remade because of writers block from the strain of making the 27th Superman. But if they start doing Don't Tell Mom The Baby Sitter Is Dead then I think we need to storm the capitol building.

9 hours ago, St1ck said:

I honestly didn't think it was that good. I love Ricky Gervais but this just seemed like a set he threw together because he had a one week deadline.

Yes, I can see why you would think that, it was eclectic, and it didn't have the flow of some of the all-time great stand-up routines, but the content was still laugh out loud funny at times and Gervais was very engaging as he clearly enjoyed doing the show. I also find it refreshing to see that 'I really don't give a shit what you think' attitude being played out on stage. It's a trait we Brits admire.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think they would remake this. I have zero interest, but Warwick Davis is the man and his show that was on HBO was hilarious.

I can at least see movies like Gremlins and Short Circuit being remade because of writers block from the strain of making the 27th Superman. But if they start doing Don't Tell Mom The Baby Sitter Is Dead then I think we need to storm the capitol building.

I think it's a sequel series not a remake. 

I watched the first episode of Obi Wan last night. It was good but seemed long. 

I couldn’t watch the second episode because I’m an old lady who can’t stay up for more than like 1.5 hours after the kid goes to bed. 

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

Update: it is better.

I would say 9.5/10. Heck, maybe even 10/10. It’s an almost perfect film for its genre.

See it on the biggest screen you can with the best sound available. It’s an amazing technical achievement.

Tom Cruise is obviously a weird dude but I respect that he puts in effort to make good movies.

Speaking of which they released the trailer for MI 7 last week. 

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

I would say 9.5/10. Heck, maybe even 10/10. It’s an almost perfect film for its genre.

See it on the biggest screen you can with the best sound available. It’s an amazing technical achievement.

Can't wait to watch it.  Been waiting, for years it seems.  

2 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Getting ready to watch it now. Not in IMAX or anything so may have to see it a second time if it is really good 

Real talk, is the new Top Gun actually good? All the gay jokes over the years about the original I can never tell when anyone is serious with the movie (now series?).  I remember watching the original at the drive in as a kid. It was also the first nude scene I ever saw and remember that kid thing of being uncomfortable and not knowing whether to cover my eyes........ironically, the first naked chick I see ends up being a lesbian. There is a dad joke in there for you guys.

But this is something out I wouldn't mind seeing and haven't been to the theaters since the last James Bond movie. I'm disenchanted with remakes and lackluster writing, but if it's solid I'd like to watch it.

Finishing Zero Zero Zero this coming week.....I think I wrote about watching that a year or two ago. Props to @Don and his post about the show as it has kept it on the back burner all this time and I haven't let it fall off the cliff.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Finishing Zero Zero Zero this coming week.....I think I wrote about watching that a year or two ago. Props to @Don and his post about the show as it has kept it on the back burner all this time and I haven't let it fall off the cliff.

Hey, I just put this on my watchlist today. 

Real talk. 

5 hours ago, RallyMo said:

One of the best movies I’ve seen in quite sometime. 

Late to the party as usual… started watching Bosch.

i wasn’t completely sold on it after the first season. Didn’t like the character all that much, but kept watching. Thought S1 was predictable and the character a little stereotypical.

S2 was better and S3 even better. I’m now in S4 and enjoying it more. It’s good, maybe not “great” though, IMO. 

I think British crime dramas are better for the most part.

I really like the Jerry Edgar character. Definitely going to keep watching.

Edited by True Grich

11 hours ago, Lou said:

Hey, I just put this on my watchlist today. 

Real talk. 

I thought you already saw this or recommended it? I thought you said something about the show when I mentioned starting it however long ago on my flights. 

24 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I thought you already saw this or recommended it? I thought you said something about the show when I mentioned starting it however long ago on my flights. 

I don't think that was me. I'll check to see if I've watched it already but I doubt I have.

Saw Top Gun off the board rec and fact it is 97% on Rotten Tomatoes and had a user review of 95% on Google.

Obvious recency bias having just watched it, but it was pretty bad ass and probably one of the few times you dudes came through. The nostalgia and call backs were as lame as you would expect, but fuck did they turn that shit up to 12 on the flight scenes. Solid writing, too, for the story/plot.

It really does stand alone as a good movie on its own opposed to being a cash grab piggybacking on the original.

My only regret is I have a nice home setup with a 75” TV and Sonos setup. I’d rather have watched it at home instead of the theater with people getting up constantly, on the phone, shouting at the screen, etc.

Candy on Hulu

Another Jessica Biel series. Good, and it has some solid twists and turns. They spend a considerable amount of time in flashbacks. It surrounds the murder of a woman and the complex issues she was dealing with, along with the people in her life. S1 has only 5 episodes.