• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Just started watching "Under the Banner of Heaven" starring Andrew Garfield (Hacksaw Ridge).  It's an FX show on Hulu.  It looks really good so far.  Based on a True Crime book...

Edited by True Grich

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Just started watching "Under the Banner of Heaven" starring Andrew Garfield (Hacksaw Ridge).  It's an FX show on Hulu.  It looks really good so far.  Based on a True Crime book...

I saw the trailer last night and put it on my watchlist. Looks good. 

Just now, Lou said:

I saw the trailer last night and put it on watchlist. Looks good. 

I saw that trailer last night too... Piqued my interest.  Started watching it today... need to get back to it when I have time.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

My wife and I watched episode one on Saturday night. I didn't expect her to like it but she was glued to the storyline instead of just casual watching. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

My wife and I watched episode one on Saturday night. I didn't expect her to like it but she was glued to the storyline instead of just casual watching. 

Finished E1. Definitely will watch more. 

HBO MAX: Toyko Vice

Executive Producer Michael Mann brings you another True Crime story,  based on the book of the same name.  It certainly has his dark gritty feel.

I've only seen the first two episodes but have liked it so far.

22 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

HBO MAX: Toyko Vice

Executive Producer Michael Mann brings you another True Crime story,  based on the book of the same name.  It certainly has his dark gritty feel.

I've only seen the first two episodes but have liked it so far.

Mann also directed the first episode and it very much feels like his previous work.  The change in style from the first episode to subsequent ones was a little jarring to me.  I stuck with the whole season, though.  Nothing much is resolved and the narrative focus gets a little murky as the season goes on (lots of characters, side plots, etc.).  They haven't officially ordered a second season yet.  Curious to see if it'll happen.  If it does, I imagine Mann will be even less involved, since he's gearing up to direct a feature.

On 5/2/2022 at 12:26 PM, Don said:

Everything Everywhere All at Once

I'm not sure how I feel about this movie a couple days after seeing it. It's one of the most unique movies I've ever seen. Just fucking wild. It's like everyone from Enter the Dragon, The Matrix, and Scott Pilgrim vs the World got together and did a ton of drugs then started making a movie (also, the movie Ratatouille is heavily involved in the plot as... well... somehow). I have no clue how somebody ever even managed to pitch this movie. And, with all of that said... it's freaking awesome. Insane cinematography and editing throughout, great action, a really good story, and also legitimately hilarious. 

I've seen it three times now, including once in IMAX on opening weekend.  The IMAX screening was honestly one of the best theatrical experiences I've had in years.  The theater was packed and the crowd was into the movie the entire time.  They just ate it up.  Wild cheering at times and people openly weeping at a couple points, too.  For all the focus on the action, the multiverse aspects, and the comedy, it has real heart and emotion. 

I expect it to get multiple Oscar nominations next year--and it has a realistic shot at a Best Picture nomination, if not win.

On 5/2/2022 at 5:44 AM, Barf said:

The Northman

As a lover of history, this was a fantastic movie and really stayed true to Viking lore as it were.

9/10.

On 5/2/2022 at 12:16 PM, Don said:

Saw that last night. I thought it was good, especially from a visual/production quality perspective. Definitely a movie meant to be seen in a theater. I wasn't super impressed by the story itself. Like not bad, but also kinda simple. The entirety of the experience pushes it over the top though.

I've seen this one multiple times, too (for work-related reasons).  Eggers and team definitely created a very "lived-in," realistic-feeling world, but Don, I agree with you: the story didn't do much for me. (Side note: the story that inspired this movie is the same one Shakespeare ripped off when he wrote Hamlet...The lead character's name in The Northman is Amleth...)

Hulu:  ER  In my deep dive of an oldie.  Through 2 seasons, of 15.  Season 1 being 25 episodes.  Lol at 5-10 episode seasons being hard.  Outside of the obvious mid late 90's things, it holds up really well.  You could really relaunch this, even with the same themes, and it would hold up.  Oh, and LOL at Doctors making 23k a year.  

I watched the new Star Trek tonight on Paramount+  It’s called strange new worlds.  It’s about the enterprise before Kirk takes over.  

good start.  Hope they stick to this plan they apparently have to try and be an explore new worlds show like the OG version.  Pretty good casting as well.  The other currently running Star Trek shows.  Discovery and Picard.  I can’t really say much on Picard as I haven’t really been able to get into it.  Tho I might try again.  As far as Discovery.  It has some highs .  A lot of pretty bad lows.  Like, a lot of groan moments.  Anyway.  Hoping for better from this new one.  

16 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I watched the new Star Trek tonight on Paramount+  It’s called strange new worlds.  It’s about the enterprise before Kirk takes over.  

good start.  Hope they stick to this plan they apparently have to try and be an explore new worlds show like the OG version.  Pretty good casting as well.  The other currently running Star Trek shows.  Discovery and Picard.  I can’t really say much on Picard as I haven’t really been able to get into it.  Tho I might try again.  As far as Discovery.  It has some highs .  A lot of pretty bad lows.  Like, a lot of groan moments.  Anyway.  Hoping for better from this new one.  

Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF