• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

4 hours ago, True Grich said:

Just finished S2... didn't know it was leaving at the end of July.  Thanks for the head's up.  I've got some serious binging to do.  I like the show a lot. At times, it's a bit much - but very good.

agreed about the tedious part. i think that relates mostly to the daughter. the rest of it is terrific.

20 hours ago, Tank said:

if you haven't seen The Americans yet, it's leaving amazon prime at the end of july. we finished S2 and are about halfway through S3. it's been a very good series and we've enjoyed it a lot. 

Reveal hidden contents

I would imagine that it’s going to a Disney streaming outlet like Hulu or Disney+ since it’s their property.

On 7/4/2022 at 7:55 PM, Tank said:

The Eternals: Disney +

a movie to introduce new marvel characters for those who liked the avengers. What a colossal waste of time. They try to make you care about the characters but it falls flat. There’s going to be a sequel, too. 

The only redeeming part of this unnecessarily extra long movie was the presence of Salma Hayek. 

It was an admirable swing at something different.

It was not good at all.

They had better have a different approach if they want to continue with those characters.

Honestly, this whole phase of Marvel films has been underwhelming. The only films that I felt were any good were the new Thor, Shang Chi and Spider Man, but I don’t think I’d care to rewatch any of them.

I love the guardians, so I’ll be super happy to see the third one, but they need to hit a soft reset button on this.

Movie:  Thor Love and Thunder  Best part of the movie was the soundtrack.  But I thought the first half was slow moving, and the story was kind of all over the place.  I did like Christian Bales character.  But overall, it felt like they are just going through the motions and cashing in.  And for all the hype of Jane Foster, it was quite a letdown.

Question about "The Americans"

In the show, the Russians frequently say each other's full names in their conversations.  Is that really a thing?

Imagine...

Erica Weston: That was quite a game you had tonight, Mike Trout.

Mike Trout: Why thank you, Erica Weston.

Anyone else wonder about this?

43 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Movie:  Thor Love and Thunder  Best part of the movie was the soundtrack.  But I thought the first half was slow moving, and the story was kind of all over the place.  I did like Christian Bales character.  But overall, it felt like they are just going through the motions and cashing in.  And for all the hype of Jane Foster, it was quite a letdown.

I agree with this. Should have had 10-15 more minutes of Bale screentime actually killing gods. 

5 hours ago, True Grich said:

In the show, the Russians frequently say each other's full names in their conversations.  Is that really a thing?

Imagine...

I’ve noticed that, too. 

a more accurate example would be every time our dynamic duo in the tv booth say Shohei Ohtani, which is currently around 99.999998% of the time.

On 7/13/2022 at 9:26 AM, RallyMo said:

It was an admirable swing at something different.

It was not good at all.

They had better have a different approach if they want to continue with those characters.

Honestly, this whole phase of Marvel films has been underwhelming. The only films that I felt were any good were the new Thor, Shang Chi and Spider Man, but I don’t think I’d care to rewatch any of them.

I love the guardians, so I’ll be super happy to see the third one, but they need to hit a soft reset button on this.

Haven't seen Eternals, Dr Strange or Thor but I was underwhelmed by both Shang Chi and Spider Man. I feel like the storylines and pacing are getting more contrived. The infinite universes thing creates too many possibilities that now literally every character has plot armor.

My favorite recent Marvel content is Loki and What If?

8 hours ago, True Grich said:

Imagine...

@Lhalo is an expert on Russian culture so I'll let him answer this.

On 7/12/2022 at 2:02 PM, True Grich said:

Just finished S2... didn't know it was leaving at the end of July.  Thanks for the head's up.  I've got some serious binging to do.  I like the show a lot. At times, it's a bit much - but very good.

We just finished S3 today. We’ll start S4 tomorrow since my wife doesn’t work on fridays.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Finally finished Zero Zero Zero on Amazon. It was the bees knees and very well done....especially Mogwai with the soundtrack/score.

Only 8 episodes and worth a go if you have put it off like I did.

Just finished it also

Good show

Directed by the same person from Gomorrah 

On 1/12/2022 at 7:47 PM, St1ck said:

When you're done with season 3 I recommend a docuseries on National Geographic called Narco Wars. They have interviews with people like Pablo's widow and son, Kiki's widow and his DEA partners at the time, as well as the real DEA agent that Pedro Pascal played in Narcos Colombia. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mexicos-capture-drug-kingpin-could-041355206.html

19 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Didn't Narcos: Mexico say he was already captured?  I thought that was who Felix was based on?

This is the brother (cousin?)

Caro Quintero was captured in Costa Rica in 1985 and was serving a 40-year sentence in Mexico when an appeals court overturned his verdict in 2013. The Supreme Court upheld the sentence, but it was too late — Caro Quintero had been spirited off in a waiting vehicle.

Finally finished Bosch (I know, I know). Great season and wrap up. Overall a really great show.

Is the spinoff worth it or just as good? I assume so, but thought I'd ask since I'm posting anyway. Anyway to get around the Prime commercials or ads as that looks like the only way to watch it?

Since everyone is hyping The Americans I might plow through that next as it's leaving Prime at the end of the month.