• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Finished S5 of "The Americans."  I've enjoyed the series a lot, but I'm ready for it to be over.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends in S6.  Funny, when "Justified" finished its run, it left me wanting more.  With this show, I feel like they've taken the story as far as it can go... and all that's left is to figure out how it all ends.

One of the best endings for a series ever.  It does go as far as the story can go.  

Showtime:  Billions  About 2 seasons in.  And it might be on Prime, or at least a few seasons might be on Prime.  But wow.  So far so good.  A pretty complex show about a hedge fund vs a prosecutor.  Pretty much seems like a chess match between the two where each show is a move and counter move.  Definitely worth the watch.

11 hours ago, T.G. said:

Finished S5 of "The Americans."  I've enjoyed the series a lot, but I'm ready for it to be over.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends in S6.  Funny, when "Justified" finished its run, it left me wanting more.  With this show, I feel like they've taken the story as far as it can go... and all that's left is to figure out how it all ends.

we're almost finished with S5.

Spoiler

my wife and i are about to grab a pillow and get rid of paige while she sleeps.

11 hours ago, Tank said:

we're almost finished with S5.

Reveal hidden contents

That's funny considering...

Spoiler

Her parents are spies... they kill people... even innocent people and you want to snuff out the daughter?  I know it's just a TV show... but I bet a lot of people watching sort of root for Phillip and Elizabeth - which is weird.  They're pretty bad people - and Elizabeth is the worst.

4 hours ago, T.G. said:

Hide contents

Her parents are spies... they kill people... even innocent people and you want to snuff out the daughter?  I know it's just a TV show... but I bet a lot of people watching sort of root for Phillip and Elizabeth - which is weird.  They're pretty bad people - and Elizabeth is the worst.

Spoiler

Being annoying is worse than being a murderer.

10 hours ago, T.G. said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

she's annoying and a lot of the scenes with her have been tedious. we haven't enjoyed her story arc.

as far as "rooting" for her parents, i think that's germane to the show. they've done a good job of creating moments of empathy (?? can't think of a better word) for them and what they're tasked with doing. 

it was interesting to see martha in her new life. i wonder if we'll see her in S6.

3 minutes ago, Tank said:
  Hide contents

she's annoying and a lot of the scenes with her have been tedious. we haven't enjoyed her story arc.

as far as "rooting" for her parents, i think that's germane to the show. they've done a good job of creating moments of empathy (?? can't think of a better word) for them and what they're tasked with doing. 

it was interesting to see martha in her new life. i wonder if we'll see her in S6.

Spoiler

I’m through E7. It’s very intense. 

Looks like this last season is only 10 episodes long. It’s hard to stop watching.

I understand how people can have empathy for them, but I have resisted that urge. It’s well written and produced.

Reminds me if the movie “Heat” where the audience had empathy for Robert DeNiro’s character.

I like the Stan Beeman character a lot and I really don’t like Elizabeth.

I won’t say more than that.

I guess I'll post this here, Disney announced the slate of MCU movies through 2025 at Comic-Con today.

2023:

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17, 2023)

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 (May 5, 2023)

The Marvels (July 28, 2023)

Blade (November 3, 2023)

2024:

Captain America: New World Order (May 3, 2024)

Thunderbolts (July 26, 2024)

Fantastic Four (November 8, 2024)

2025:

Avengers: The Kang Dynasty (May 2, 2025)

Avengers: Secret Wars (November 7, 2025)

1 hour ago, mmc said:

I guess I'll post this here, Disney announced the slate of MCU movies through 2025 at Comic-Con today.

2023:

Blade (November 3, 2023)

2024:

2025:

Avengers: Secret Wars (May 7, 2025)

The only one peaking my interest is Blade 

12 hours ago, mmc said:

2023:

Blade (November 3, 2023)

2024:

2025:

I had to look up Thunderbolts as I have no idea who they are. Seems like they are running low on ideas at this point 

6 hours ago, Lou said:

I enjoy the History Channel's docudramas, so I'm going to check this out:

I haven’t watched any of their documentaries but they do have some shows I like watching. Admittedly, I like the alien stuff and shows like Pawn Stars 

1 hour ago, katie said:

The second one was awful 

I don’t think most of the Marvel movies are particularly good at this point. It was not near as good as the first one. As long as these movies keep making money they’ll still make more of them 

14 hours ago, mmc said:

If it's the original Secret Wars, then I'm interested.  But that they are calling it Avengers: Secret Wars, it's just going to be Infinity Wars 2:  The quest for more money.