• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

14 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Showtime:  Stillwater  A movie with Matt Damon in it.  That's about all I can say about the movie.  I really saw no point to the movie.  This one is a pass.

Disagree. One of my favorite movies last year. I enjoyed the nuance and how the story played out.

58 minutes ago, Redondo said:

S1 Girl From Oslo Netflix

3 episodes in and it's good so far

Yep.

On 1/10/2022 at 2:03 PM, Lou said:

The Girl From Oslo

Norwegian girl is kidnapped by ISIS when she and 2 friends go on holiday to Sinai. ISIS used the hostages to have some prisoners released.

Good show that gets very good at the end. 

It's 10 30-minute episodes so it's an easy watch. 

Showtime:  Super Pumped:  The Battle for Uber  A seven episode series that follows the Uber Founder.  It's pretty interesting, although I wish it was a lot longer.  A lot of things going on that they only briefly talk about.  They really don't even touch on how the company started, but instead catch it as they are up and running.  And really, even the crisis' they only address, but you never hear the resolutions.  But for you history buffs, it's a good 7 episodes.

Showtime:  We Need To Talk About Cosby  A really well done documentary series about Bill Cosby.  Done with interviews and clips.  They really do a great balanced documentary that goes through his entire career, both good and bad.  Uncomfortable, especially for someone that great up on Fat Albert and the Cosby Shows, but worth the watch.

On 7/26/2022 at 9:58 PM, katie said:

The Gray Man on Netflix 👍🏼👍🏼
Ryan Gosling, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Billy Bob Thornton. Directed by the Russo brothers. 

Saw it last night

Lot's of action and it's non-stop

Spoiler

Bourne, Bond and others wrapped into one

7 hours ago, Redondo said:

Saw it last night

Lot's of action and it's non-stop

Hide contents

Bourne, Bond and others wrapped into one

Yeah, we finished it yesterday, too. Not bad, but not good, either. The better half gave it a 7/10 and that seems about right. Was hoping for more of a story, but it was ok. Towards the end I just wanted it to end so I could throw on the Andrew Schulz comedy special.

On 7/28/2022 at 5:08 PM, Tank said:

very good show. watched all 4 seasons and found there's a 5th season if you sign up for a free trial of some channel. pass.

but yeah, nicola walker is fun to watch. she's also in "River" and that's another good show.

On 7/28/2022 at 8:12 PM, Lou said:

Season 5 hasn't been released.

I read that Nicola Walker wouldn't be back for S5...

Spoiler

After seeing the episode in S4 where she leaves the file in the cafe, I can understand why now.

Showtime:  Your Honor  A 10 episode series in which Bryan Cranston plays a judge.  It starts off slow, even though the action was in the first episode.  It really takes time to develop, but then it rapidly evolves in the last few episodes.  It comes to a sudden end.  Overall, it was worth watching, but not out of the way watching.  

Showtime:  The First Lady  Series about first ladies.  I think season one is about 3 of them.  I think Obama, Roosevelt, and Ford.  I couldn't get past half of the first episode.  It just didn't keep me interested.  They kept switching between the ladies, sometimes even going to their childhoods.  And usually I like historical pieces.  But the editing and storytelling of this one just wasn't very good for me.  

On 7/28/2022 at 5:08 PM, Tank said:

nicola walker is fun to watch. she's also in "River" and that's another good show

I started to watch that after finishing Unforgotten...

Spoiler

but the whole premise of her being a ghost just didn't look interesting to me.  I still might watch it, but I'm not sure.

I also checked out Annika another Nicola Walker show.

Spoiler

I didn't finish E1 because I wasn't sure I liked the idea of her talking to the camera/viewers...  I was also tried... so, I still might watch it, but not sure.

On 7/31/2022 at 9:03 PM, gotbeer said:

Showtime:  We Need To Talk About Cosby  A really well done documentary series about Bill Cosby.  Done with interviews and clips.  They really do a great balanced documentary that goes through his entire career, both good and bad.  Uncomfortable, especially for someone that great up on Fat Albert and the Cosby Shows, but worth the watch.

Yeah, lot of good creep exposing documentaries of late like that one, the Mia Farrow one on Woody and Phoenix Rising about Evan Rachel Wood’s relationship with Marilyn Manson.  Speaking of multiple part documentaries, I just got started on the new HBO one on Paul Newman and his wife.