• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

14 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

You think you can make it?

It's definitely doable. Looks like there are 75 episodes and according to the Wiki the episodes run 39-59 minutes (I was going to assume 45 minutes as an average), so 56.25 hours. If the show captivates me, I can easily do 8-10 hours a day since I'm in vacation mode and just have my maid kicking me out for a bit on Tuesday. A week is very doable. I did the entire last season of Bosch yesterday and started late....granted, I would prefer to not go to bed at 4am, but that is the flexibility I have.

The last time I took a break from the office I was able to binge The Sopranos and The Wire in about two weeks. This was also during a time when there was no streaming and I actually had to go to Blockbuster every morning for the dvd's and even then my local store didn't have the last two seasons of The Sopranos or The Wire and I had to drive from Corona to Riverside to get them.

Sitting at home just hitting the play button makes me think I can do this by the end of next week if I start today and have no variables pop up during the week. But the kicker is that it has grab me or I'll mess around on my laptop or play video games. It sounds like it's a show where the episode ends and even when you want to go to bed you tell yourself "one more episode". If it's like that I can knock it out.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Finally finished Bosch (I know, I know). Great season and wrap up. Overall a really great show.

Is the spinoff worth it or just as good? I assume so, but thought I'd ask since I'm posting anyway. Anyway to get around the Prime commercials or ads as that looks like the only way to watch it?

Since everyone is hyping The Americans I might plow through that next as it's leaving Prime at the end of the month.

I thought Bosch Legacy was in the similar fashion as Bosch.  If you enjoyed it, you will probably enjoy Legacy.  Don't know of a way to skip the commercials though.  Even with Prime, they forced that shit on you.  

You'll like Americans.  It feeds on the cold war vibe and indirectly references things in history.  It's also a lot more realistic than most shows, and treats the characters as regular humans than Bonds and Bournes.

16 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Don’t kill yourselves trying to catch The Americans on Prime. It’s hopping right over to Hulu.

I was wondering where it was moving next, but assumed so since it's FX. I don't have Hulu, but there are some old shows I never got around to on there like The Shield (watched the first season) and Justified that might make it worth it for a bit.

The Old Man some of you talk about looks good, too.

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

I was wondering where it was moving next, but assumed so since it's FX. I don't have Hulu, but there are some old shows I never got around to on there like The Shield (watched the first season) and Justified that might make it worth it for a bit.

the shield and justified have been two of my favorite shows. 

bosch legacy was a good continuation of bosch. we liked it a lot.

Anthropoid (amazon)

this is not what it sounds like. it's a story about WW2 and the czech underground trying to assassinate the nazi who helped craft the final solution. it's based on a true story and was very well done. it stars the main guy from peak blinders @Lou.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

Anthropoid (amazon)

this is not what it sounds like. it's a story about WW2 and the czech underground trying to assassinate the nazi who helped craft the final solution. it's based on a true story and was very well done. it stars the main guy from peak blinders @Lou.

Cillian Murphy.

And Jamie Dornan from The Fall.

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

You get Hulu for free with Spotify so maybe kill two birds with one stone.

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

You get Hulu for free with Spotify so maybe kill two birds with one stone.

I thought they got rid of that? I used to have it through Spotify, but the login stopped working and they wanted me to sign up for a regular account. I’ll try it again, but remember the account was also pretty limited at the time…..this was a couple years back when they first offered it to us Spotify users.

I was trying to balance "The Americans" with "The Old Man," "The Tunnel," and "Unforgotten" - but I ended up just focusing on "The Americans" for now. Even though it's going to Hulu, I assume it will be with commercials... I also have "The Terminal List" on my watch list...

I'm through 8 episodes of S4 of The Americans.

Spoiler

The Martha story line was very sad to me....

and... Elizabeth is full on bitch.

33 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I was trying to balance "The Americans" with "The Old Man," "The Tunnel," and "Unforgotten" - but I ended up just focusing on "The Americans" for now. Even though it's going to Hulu, I assume it will be with commercials... I also have "The Terminal List" on my watch list...

Hide contents

The Martha story line was very sad to me....

and... Elizabeth is full on bitch.

Spoiler

Martha comes back in season 5.  

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yeah, the Martha story was heartbreaking, especially for her parents. 
Equally sad was the ending of Nina’s story. 

Meanwhile, I’m ready for something to happen to/with Paige. 

We’re on S4E12 and will finish the season this afternoon. 

Showtime:  Ray Donovan  A show about a Hollywood fixer.  This was a weird show.  Kind of really out there, and the characters jump the shark pretty frequently.  Was worth the watch, and it's weird that the movie ended the show in the way the finale should have ended the show.  

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Showtime:  Ray Donovan  A show about a Hollywood fixer.  This was a weird show.  Kind of really out there, and the characters jump the shark pretty frequently.  Was worth the watch, and it's weird that the movie ended the show in the way the finale should have ended the show.  

Greatly disagree. But you also like zombie movies.

15 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Do you have eyes and ears?

Finished S5 of "The Americans."  I've enjoyed the series a lot, but I'm ready for it to be over.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends in S6.  Funny, when "Justified" finished its run, it left me wanting more.  With this show, I feel like they've taken the story as far as it can go... and all that's left is to figure out how it all ends.