• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Went back in this thread a ways to find more shows... came across recommendations for "Unforgotten."  Watched E1 of S1 and it was excellent.  Quality show for sure.  Thanks guys.  Looking forward to the rest... still watching "The Americans" and "The Accident" too.

On 4/3/2021 at 5:27 PM, Lou said:

Ran across a show I watched a while back that I would recommend checking out - Informer 

Going to check this one out too.

London Kills  - Low budget British crime drama that's just OK. Only 5 episodes per season (I'm 2 episodes into Season 3 which has just been released). Pretty much entirely focusses on the investigation with little back story, but it has enough twists and reveals to keep you interested. Production is pretty good, but the acting and dialogue can be a little flat at times. Not exactly a 'must watch', but it's OK as a kind of 'Line of Duty lite' for you British TV lovers. I'd probably give it a 6/10.

On 6/10/2021 at 3:14 PM, Lou said:

There's a British version, but instead of a bridge it's based on the Chunnel, appropriately titled The Tunnel. 

It, too, is good. 

Watched E1. Very good.  Thanks!

On 4/3/2021 at 5:27 PM, Lou said:

Ran across a show I watched a while back that I would recommend checking out - Informer 

4 hours ago, True Grich said:

Going to check this one out too.

Watched E1 over lunch today. Another winner!  Thanks!

Under The Banner of Heaven

Finished this last week and it was pretty solid. I'm not an expert on popular religions in America but this was a rather eye opening taken down of the Mormon church and Mormonism in general. As a Catholic I struggled with my views of the church following the child abuse scandals but that really pales in comparison to what is portrayed in this series. Obviously this is one perspective and Im sure other perspectives exist but what I saw here made me think of the Taliban and the depiction of the religion was in many ways even more reprehensible.  

Ambulance (Vudu Fandango rental)

I've seen worse Michael Bay and I'll leave it at that.  I knew I was in trouble when Jake's character said that Braveheart won Grammys and as a life long SoCal resident, the geographical continuity errors make my head hurt.  L.A. river in downtown to 105/405 interchange back to L.A. river in downtown?  Fuck off!

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

On 5/16/2022 at 9:56 PM, failos said:

We Own This City is slightly boring. I might need to re-watch it once the entire season drops, but I'm not really feeling it so far--especially with all the time jumps.

On 5/16/2022 at 10:29 PM, jsnpritchett said:

I gave up on it 20 minutes into tonight's episode, which was the 4th. I'm a huge fan of The Wire and Jon Bernthal, but this one just did nothing for me. I agree that the non-linear storytelling takes away momentum.  The show just doesn't feel special or remarkable in any particular way. 

You guys are crazy. This show was great. 

Hulu:  Mr. Inbetween  An Aussie 3 season series about a hitman.  Weird setting in which it focused less on the hits, but more on the personal life.  Not sure how you would classify it.  Not really drama, comedy, action.  Hulu lists it as also legal, drama, but not much legal in it.  This one doesn't pop as a must see.  Just one of those if nothing else to watch.

30 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Hulu:  Mr. Inbetween  An Aussie 3 season series about a hitman.  Weird setting in which it focused less on the hits, but more on the personal life.  Not sure how you would classify it.  Not really drama, comedy, action.  Hulu lists it as also legal, drama, but not much legal in it.  This one doesn't pop as a must see.  Just one of those if nothing else to watch.

I liked it.

10 hours ago, True Grich said:

I liked it.

11 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I liked it also

On 7/2/2022 at 9:32 PM, failos said:

The 1st 15minutes of The Boys episode 1.....wtf???????? That was disgusting and uncessary.

edit: yeah, not sure if I'm going to keep watching this. Maybe covid is preventing me from enjoying media right now.

You think episode 1 was bad? Wait until the Herogasm episode 

On 7/2/2022 at 11:27 AM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Under The Banner of Heaven

Finished this last week and it was pretty solid. I'm not an expert on popular religions in America but this was a rather eye opening taken down of the Mormon church and Mormonism in general. As a Catholic I struggled with my views of the church following the child abuse scandals but that really pales in comparison to what is portrayed in this series. Obviously this is one perspective and Im sure other perspectives exist but what I saw here made me think of the Taliban and the depiction of the religion was in many ways even more reprehensible.  

Through 3 episodes now. Pretty gnarly. 

The Eternals: Disney +

a movie to introduce new marvel characters for those who liked the avengers. What a colossal waste of time. They try to make you care about the characters but it falls flat. There’s going to be a sequel, too. 

The only redeeming part of this unnecessarily extra long movie was the presence of Salma Hayek. 

Greyhound - Apple TV +.

Its a good WWII navy drama with Tom Hanks as the commander of a navy destroyer on their first Atlantic crossing. Plenty of good tension in this one if you like military dramas.

The Firm: Apple TV +

This is a series based on the hit book and movie. This is well done, and if you liked the movie, you should like this one. It’s a good lawyer drama that picks up ten years after the explosive situation from his old law firm. 

Finished S1 of "The Americans" - it is excellent TV. 

Spoiler

It's interesting how they draw you into the story, where you almost end up rooting for Phillip and Elizabeth, even though they're the "bad guys."  The twists and turns and roller coaster ride is good television.

22 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Finished S1 of "The Americans" - it is excellent TV. 

Reveal hidden contents

Glad you are enjoying it

Keri Russell is easy on the eyes 😎