• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

39 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Finished S1 of "The Americans" - it is excellent TV. 

Hide contents

It's interesting how they draw you into the story, where you almost end up rooting for Phillip and Elizabeth, even though they're the "bad guys."  The twists and turns and roller coaster ride is good television.

It's consistent through the whole thing.  

5 hours ago, True Grich said:

Finished S1 of "The Americans" - it is excellent TV. 

Reveal hidden contents

we have two episodes left. very compelling stuff.

Spoiler

was bummed about gregory.

Took advantage of Amazon's 99 cent offer for Showtime.  Ray Donovan has been on my list for a while and started that.  So far so good.  Although Women and children continue to make the most illogical decisions on shows.  Can't one show have a rational family and let the main guy get into their own trouble?

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Although Women and children continue to make the most illogical decisions on shows.  Can't one show have a rational family and let the main guy get into their own trouble?

^^^^^^

Finished the one and only season of "Informer" on Amazon.  It's only six episodes. It was absolutely terrific.  Highly recommend it.  It leaves you wanting more.  Shame, it was only for one season.

Thanks @Lou

Edited by True Grich

13 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Took advantage of Amazon's 99 cent offer for Showtime.  Ray Donovan has been on my list for a while and started that.  So far so good.  Although Women and children continue to make the most illogical decisions on shows.  Can't one show have a rational family and let the main guy get into their own trouble?

They've got a lot of A24 movies.  They're the most consistent in quality lately.

Hulu:  Minamata  A Documovie about a corporate made environmental disaster in the 70's that occured in Japan.  Stars Johnny Depp.  And kind of like Adam Sandler in Uncut Gems, shows how they are still good actors when they are out of their element.  Even though being a drunk isn't that far out of reach for him.  This one is a more art type film, so won't be for everyone.  But the story is still a relevant one, and that one photo is pretty powerful.

The Girl From Plainview

Hulu mini series about the girl who talked her boyfriend into killing himself a few years back. I gotta say the characterization here is super inconsistent. They seem to really want to play up the sociopathic tendencies of this girl while simultaneously making her sympathetic. 

Spoiler

Ultimately I'm left unsure of how I'm supposed to feel about what happened. Was she a sociopath who couldn't find a better way to terminate the relationship, or was she a mentally ill girl who was in over her head, emotionally exhausted, and never actually thought he would do it? The show seems to present her as both.

Decided I would watch Thor before going to see the new theatrical release so that I know the story.

This is one of those movies where the conversation volume is about a 5 and the action volume is about a 60. I’m going to wear out the batteries in my remote. This is infuriating.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

Decided I would watch Thor before going to see the new theatrical release so that I know the story.

This is one of those movies where the conversation volume is about a 5 and the action volume is about a 60. I’m going to wear out the batteries in my remote. This is infuriating.

You could turn on closed captioning.  Because of Lou, I'm used to seeing it now.  

S1 of The Lincoln Lawyer

2 episodes in and seems like they are going through the motions

Spoiler

Manuel Garcia is miscast as Mickey Haller IMO

I've read all the books and it's kind of weird.

Maybe if I didn't read the books it would work better

21 hours ago, Redondo said:

S1 of The Lincoln Lawyer

2 episodes in and seems like they are going through the motions

Reveal hidden contents

It did get better and finished stronger

Is anyone here watching Better Call Saul? I just watched the latest episode and this show just keeps delivering. If you aren't watching it, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's the prequel to Breaking Bad. The first 5 seasons are on Netflix and this season(season 6) is the last one and only 5 episodes are left. It's definitely one of the best shows I've ever seen.

i finished watching The Firm. it was a long season, 22 episodes, that should have been divided into 2 seasons. the biggest problem is that they gave a teaser for S2, but there is no S2. it was filmed in 2012 so a reboot seems pretty much out of the question.

if you haven't seen The Americans yet, it's leaving amazon prime at the end of july. we finished S2 and are about halfway through S3. it's been a very good series and we've enjoyed it a lot. 

Spoiler

nina is pure fire. my goodness, what a beautiful woman.

started looking around for another series to watch without my wife. watched S1W1 of Jamestown and not sure if i'll watch more.

watched S1E1, 2 of The Expanse. it hasn't hooked me yet though i think someone from here recently said they liked it.

watched S1E1 of the new chris pratt series on prime. it was good and very intense. i'll keep watching it.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

f you haven't seen The Americans yet, it's leaving amazon prime at the end of july. we finished S2 and are about halfway through S3. it's been a very good series and we've enjoyed it a lot. 

Just finished S2... didn't know it was leaving at the end of July.  Thanks for the head's up.  I've got some serious binging to do.  I like the show a lot. At times, it's a bit much - but very good.