• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Just now, Lou said:

Very good show

Yep. I'm probably going to continue it tonight. I watched two episodes on Sunday, my girlfriend fell asleep about halfway through the first episode (she almost never lasts more than 20-30 minutes watching something), and then I asked if she wanted to watch it and catch up, she said yes so I didn't watch last night. She didn't - and is asleep right now - so I'm going to watch anyway.

I'm so rebellious.

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Yep. I'm probably going to continue it tonight. I watched two episodes on Sunday, my girlfriend fell asleep about halfway through the first episode (she almost never lasts more than 20-30 minutes watching something), and then I asked if she wanted to watch it and catch up, she said yes so I didn't watch last night. She didn't - and is asleep right now - so I'm going to watch anyway.

I'm so rebellious.

Dog Day Afternoon Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm so rebellious.

It could be mentally taxing for some viewers. 

we've had a weird thing with our netflix the last couple of weeks. there are times when i try to watch something and the picture freezes, but the closed caption keeps rolling along. i don't know if this is just me or if others are having or have had this kind of problem. any suggestions to fix this? 

apple tv gets a bit wanky, too, at times.

hulu and amazon prime work fine.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I started Counterpart a couple nights ago. Very good so far. JK Simmons is good, as usual.

For something lighter, I tried watching Virgin River. It was like a higher quality Hallmark show, and thus a jump up from horrible to bad. I didn't make it through the first episode. And I like a good romance, but can't stand Hallmarkian saccharinity. 

I've seen quite a bit of Virgin River with my wife. The bad dialog and stereotypical characters and kind of unbearable to me. It hurts my soul to see what became of Otter after he graduated from Faber

Started to watch Gray Man on Netflix last night, but it was getting late and then GTA came out with an update today.

It's like Bourne meets John Wick. So far, so good.

Ryan Gosling's first movie in three years, I believe, is how I came across this. Still man crush on him from Drive.

Edited by Brandon

7 hours ago, katie said:

The Gray Man on Netflix 👍🏼👍🏼
Ryan Gosling, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Billy Bob Thornton. Directed by the Russo brothers. 

9 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I started Counterpart a couple nights ago. Very good so far. JK Simmons is good, as usual.

For something lighter, I tried watching Virgin River. It was like a higher quality Hallmark show, and thus a jump up from horrible to bad. I didn't make it through the first episode. And I like a good romance, but can't stand Hallmarkian saccharinity. 

9 hours ago, Lou said:

Very good show

Adding these shows to my list

Thanks

10 hours ago, Tank said:

we've had a weird thing with our netflix the last couple of weeks. there are times when i try to watch something and the picture freezes, but the closed caption keeps rolling along. i don't know if this is just me or if others are having or have had this kind of problem. any suggestions to fix this? 

apple tv gets a bit wanky, too, at times.

hulu and amazon prime work fine.

What are you using?  Fire stick?  Whatever is on the TV?  I've had similar happen when I've been binge watching too much.  Kind of like a computer, the cache gets too filled up.  Usually a restart helps.  on the fire stick, it's settings, my fire tv, restart.  If you can't find it, then unplug, wait a few seconds, replug.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

What are you using?  Fire stick?  Whatever is on the TV?  I've had similar happen when I've been binge watching too much.  Kind of like a computer, the cache gets too filled up.  Usually a restart helps.  on the fire stick, it's settings, my fire tv, restart.  If you can't find it, then unplug, wait a few seconds, replug.

Thanks. We’re using Roku. Maybe an unplug is the way to go.

Showtime:  Billions  Show about a hedge fund vs a prosecutor.  The first 3-4 seasons might have been some of the best tv I've seen.  Then they slowly start jumping the shark.  Instead of an intelligent show, it turns into a grudge match trying to undo each other in the most illegal means possible.  Definitely worth the first few seasons, then it's a cautious at your own peril for the last few seasons.   

On 7/25/2022 at 11:04 AM, T.G. said:

Finished all seasons and episodes of "The Americans."

What an absolutely amazing show.  Terrific, real characters.  Such depth.  Well written. That show will stick with me for a long time.  So much to unpack.  I'll be thinking about those characters for a long time.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

spot on. found myself sitting on edge waiting for their end to come. total baller move by paige, which was completely unexpected - she left with absolutely nothing - cash, ID, clothes, place to live - nothing. and poor henry. that was real tragic for him.

dying to know if stan's wife renee was an illegal or not.