• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Jack Ryan. Well, it followed the straight and narrow plot line. It could have been much better. 

Spoiler

They painted Reyes as corrupt and evil from the start so it was a simple story of despot dictator. What would have been the right plot twist would have been Reyes is against the wall politically as internal forces are putting Venezuela in economic jeopardy. 

His opponent is not who she is portrayed as. Her husband didn't dissappear, he had found the rare mineral and was working with foreign forces to mine it and with his wife as president, have control over the wealth. 

All of Reyes moves are misinterpreted as he believes the CIA is trying to despose him (which they did) and he struggles to keep in power and find out who the traitors are, his old minister of interior and the US Senator that is pulling strings through Jack Ryan. 

But, YAY women is what they ended up writing. That and a really stupid hostage rescue, as if storming the presidential palace and killing their security forces wasn't an act of war. 

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

Jack Ryan. Well, it followed the straight and narrow plot line. It could have been much better. 

Hide contents

They painted Reyes as corrupt and evil from the start so it was a simple story of despot dictator. What would have been the right plot twist would have been Reyes is against the wall politically as internal forces are putting Venezuela in economic jeopardy. 

His opponent is not who she is portrayed as. Her husband didn't dissappear, he had found the rare mineral and was working with foreign forces to mine it and with his wife as president, have control over the wealth. 

All of Reyes moves are misinterpreted as he believes the CIA is trying to despose him (which they did) and he struggles to keep in power and find out who the traitors are, his old minister of interior and the US Senator that is pulling strings through Jack Ryan. 

But, YAY women is what they ended up writing. That and a really stupid hostage rescue, as if storming the presidential palace and killing their security forces wasn't an act of war. 

Spoiler

That whole a Senator is killed and no one seems to care much also killed it.  I mean if a some diplomat of that high stature is killed on foreign soil via assassination, you would think the full force of the US would come crashing down on that country. 

But I agree.  At some point I was hoping it was the chick that was behind everything.  Everything just seemed so obvious.  

Edited by gotbeer

Goliath season 3

Spoiler

Started out really weird and sideways and got way out there.

But the writers brought it back in line for the last 3 episodes. Once Billy got back in court it came together.

Looking forward to season 4. Will there be one?

@Lou what do you think? Anyone else?

9 hours ago, Redondo said:

Goliath season 3

Hide contents

Started out really weird and sideways and got way out there.

But the writers brought it back in line for the last 3 episodes. Once Billy got back in court it came together.

Looking forward to season 4. Will there be one?

@Lou what do you think? Anyone else?

Spoiler

Definitely sideways.  The court stuff was also interesting, how he got a settlement, even though he lost.  Then the whole hooker lawyer thing.  

And I might have missed this completely.  But why were they drilling in the first place?  They already controlled all the water, so why a tunnel?  It was like they were building a tunnel to go to federal lands, but no one wanted to go on federal lands, so why go to the expense of building it anyways, when they already controlled all the water.  And what really did the indian have to do with it?  

On 11/8/2019 at 9:40 AM, Taylor said:

The latest episode of Mr. Robot only had two lines of dialogue (one at the very beginning, one at the very end), yet it was one of the most compelling and tense episodes of the series.

This was a freakin' great episode of TV. It didn't even cross my mind that there was no dialogue until well after I had watched it. The chase scene was absurd at time but never not engaging. A/10.

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

That's too bad. You probably missed the episode that was shot in one single take.

S3 ended up being the best season of the series so far.

perhaps, but I watched enough to sit through the idiotic sitcom episode.

I'll probably give it a try again since I loved it when it first came out. 

On 11/9/2019 at 11:46 AM, Blarg said:

Reveal hidden contents

S2 blows. I was so disappointed after the great S1

Movie:  Terminator Dark Fate  First off, my expectations were very low for this one.  So saying that, it was an entertaining movie.  I'd put it closer to T1 than the crap that has come after it.  Now saying that, it's no where close to as good as T1.  The story line isn't the same ole same ole.  And yes, they opened it up for sequels.  Overall, only go to see it if you are a big Terminator fan.  Everyone else, just wait for it to come out on whatever streaming service.  

On 11/7/2019 at 6:54 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

The Lighthouse

WTF did I just watch?

I'll have to see this again, Dafoe and Pattinson are drunk all the time and Dafoe's accent is so thick and incomprehensible he'll win an Oscar for it. I still haven't really wrapped my mind around what actually happened in this film. Also a must see for anyone who's ever wanted to F*ck a mermaid

So......everyone.

4 hours ago, Adam said:

I finally got to watch The Hateful Eight. 

9/10 - It was the best play that was shot as a movie I've ever seen

*** I know it wasn't a play. It was certainly written like one

damn! I was going to ask how they got all of the horses on stage. 

great movie. 

18 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Hateful 8 is solidly 'OK'... one of Tarantino's weaker films. In terms of it being a great stage play, it's not nearly as good as 'Reservoir Dogs.'

Same thoughts here. It's not a bad film like I've heard a fair number of Tarantino fans say it is. It's just that by Tarantino standards it's a solid C. 

I finished Jack Ryan S2 last night. While I still thoroughly enjoy the show, I agree with a lot of people here that the back half of this season felt a little rushed and they made some odd choices with story direction. Still entertaining as hell in my opinion, but I think that's mainly because it fills a space genre-wise that isn't really being served much these days.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

On a scale of the later seasons of 24 to The Wire, how intelligently written is Jack Ryan?

I never watched past the first season of 24, and The Wire is the best thing ever put on TV, so it's hard to judge. I think it's objectively better than Homeland by quite a bit though, and the writing for the most part is pretty good, especially the dialogue. There was one thing that bothered me deeply this season writing-wise though. I won't go into specifics, but a major part of the plot deals with a specific bit of "crazy new technology" that has really been around for several decades and I worked with regularly in college. So that just felt kinda silly to me, but I imagine it wouldn't be an issue for most.