• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Prime:  The Boys  A weird superhero show.  The superheros were overpowered, but instead of controlled by good or evil, were controlled by a corporation and corporate greed.  Then you had the group that was trying to overthrow them, which was equally as compromised.  It was one of those strange shows, best I can describe it is a cross between Watchmen and Suicide Squad, and more of a dark vibe.  Definitely not for everyone, and even borderline if you are a superhero fan.  

17 hours ago, Lou said:

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie --  If you're a fan of Breaking Bad, you'll enjoy it.

If not, you're an idiot and I don't want anything to do with you. 

That's about right.  Fit really well as a bow to the series.  Almost makes me want to binge the show again.  And if they ever wanted to, opens it up for a new series if they wanted to.

On 10/12/2019 at 8:57 PM, Lou said:

i watched the first two episodes then kind of put it on the back burner. 

It had a horrendously slow start, I felt the same way but it picks up in a big way. If you enjoyed previous seasons you will enjoy the current one—though it’s not nearly as good

9 minutes ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

How was it?  

If you loved Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back (or really, any Kevin Smith/View Askewniverse movie), you'll love this one. It certainly helps that it was a double feature with the first movie being fresh on our minds. 

He parodies himself, ComicCon, superhero movies, comics, sequels, remakes & reboots, his family, Ben Affleck (with Affleck's help), all of his previous movies, and parenthood.

I thought it was hilarious.

1 hour ago, Mark68 said:

If you loved Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back (or really, any Kevin Smith/View Askewniverse movie), you'll love this one. It certainly helps that it was a double feature with the first movie being fresh on our minds. 

He parodies himself, ComicCon, superhero movies, comics, sequels, remakes & reboots, his family, Ben Affleck (with Affleck's help), all of his previous movies, and parenthood.

I thought it was hilarious.

Thanks for the review.  I want to see it, but was kind of hesitant because of the reboot angle.

Finished season 5 of Peaky Blinders

Great show and writers keep it interesting. Lots of twists and turns at the end.

Spoiler

Tommy is really on a head trip, but his instincts usually prove right. Cillian Murphy is perfect for the part.

Excellent cameo for Alfie Solomons. Great role and played to a T by Tom Hardy

Finished season 6 of Blacklist.

Good show and James Spader makes the show.

Spoiler

Spooning us info on his past little by little and the info we get we are not sure it's correct. Good job by the writers.

My wife and I don't like the role played by Megan Boone. She has a pouty face and we call her whiny pants.

Then they bring her daughter back into the picture and she gets all excited, but she is the worst parent around. Never home.  I know it's a show, but make it realistic a bit.

Amazon Sneaky Pete  this is one I'm not sure I like or not.  I like the con part.  But the family con keeps coming back.  Personally I wish he just moved on to another con in the following seasons and they ditched the whole family angle.  It's an ok show, but not one of Amazons best.