• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

Justified

Finishing up season 6 which is the final season. Definitely a TV show. Character development was well done by the writers. Even with all the phony stuff I enjoyed the series.

This name. Darryl Crowe Jr. should mean something to whoever has watched the series. Perfect role for that guy.

Was that Michael Rapaport's character?

14 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  The Good Place  Just to head off the inevitable, be quiet Lou.  So overall it's a standard network TV type comedy series.  Although season one doesn't have as many laughs because they are trying to set things up more.  Overall,  it's pretty generic stuff, and more in tame mode for network TV.  Season one was ok, as I said, more of a setup season.  Season two and three is where it really picks up.  I think if you are a Ted Danson or Kristen Bell fan, you'd enjoy it.  If you want something mellow and kick back, then this is a pretty good one.

Spoiler

So you are saying it's kind of the frozen yogurt of comedies.

Netflix:  Unbelievable.  Docu Crime series about a serial rapist.  It focused more on the main victim who got charged with making a false police report, some of the other victims and the police officers from another state that caught him.  This was one really well done limited series.  It's a must if you like police crime dramas.  Definitely one I'd recommend to anyone, even Lou.

On 9/16/2019 at 3:18 AM, Redondo said:

Justified

Finishing up season 6 which is the final season. Definitely a TV show. Character development was well done by the writers. Even with all the phony stuff I enjoyed the series.

This name. Darryl Crowe Jr. should mean something to whoever has watched the series. Perfect role for that guy.

I'm just about to finish up Season 2. I've seen all of Seasons 1-5 before, and part of 6, but I never finished it for some reason. Such a great show.

23 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  The Ranch  WTF is this crap.  The previews made it look more serious, but it's a comedy with a laugh track?  I got 6 minutes in, and couldn't take it anymore.  Hear that Lou, there are shows I don't like.  So disappointing.

I never said that there aren't shows that you don't like. I just said that every show you watch is crappy.

Just finished "Undone" on Amazon Prime. With a combined run time under four hours you can knock this out pretty quick.

It plays a lot like an indie film, with a snarky neurotic female lead with daddy issues who just happens to discover her ability to manipulate time. The series is created in the same way as 'A Scanner Darkly' where its originally shot on film, then the frames are individually painted over to create a sort of hybrid animation effect. The effect works well to help the competing timelines mix together visually... a traditional approach might have looked odd, or come across as cheesy.

The writing is really good here. Witty dialogue, believable characters and an interesting mystery. It's worth checking out.

Los Espookys - HBO

The first episode starts out with a Horror themed Quinceanera.  From there a group of quirky friends go on to start a Horror based, scare business,  Los Espukys.

I'm 3 episodes in and so many laugh out loud moments.  Lorne Michaels and Fred Armisen are Executive producers.