• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

14 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

The OA season 1.

Im not really sure how I feel about this. It's kind of awful but the hard outs on the episodes have me binging. It feels like something I'd write but then throw in the garbage cuz I thought it was trash.

A whole bunch of it doesn't really make sense or feels kind of random, but if you just accept it for what it is, it's kind of compelling... Like, why is Prairie jumping off a bridge in the opening? Are they even gona go back to that? 

And then...

Hide contents

The school shooter plot line is literally out of left field. If that is your big payoff this should be established somewhere earlier in the series. Who is the school shooter, why are they school shooting? What is it about the dance that they've learned that stops school shooters from firing more than one round? wtf?

At the same time, wanting to learn what happened with Prairie, the details of her near death experience and her years long disappearance are compelling. Also the subtlety unique way the story is told is really engaging. 

Season 1 is like 10 times better when you watch it for the second time.

5 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Went to see this at the local theater tonight.  Not a typical Comic Book movie at all.  The performance by Joaquin Phoenix is so edgy.   He has to be the favorite to win the Oscar this year.

I really liked this one.

Hide contents

I really didn't mind the scenes with young Bruce.  The initial encounter was a main turning point for Arthur, as his decent really took off from there.

What is real and what is imagined.  Did he have a relationship with the lady on his floor?

What is truth and is fabrication.  Was he really adopted?

Spoiler

The romance was imagined.

Whether he was adopted or not is kind of left ambiguous. It's possible that Thomas Wayne covered up the scandal and got Arthur's mom to have a labotomy so that she would be seen as crazy.

Goliath

Season 1 was great.

Up to the last episode in season 2

Spoiler

Season 2 went sideways really fast.

The show is about Billy's court expertise and this season is strange with all the fetishes and sideways moves.

Hope it comes back to normal in season 3.

@Lou what do you think?

Anyone else?

4 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Goliath

Season 1 was great.

Hide contents

The show is about Billy's court expertise and this season is strange with all the fetishes and sideways moves.

@Lou what do you think?

Anyone else?

Season 3 starts off sideways.  It was a strange season, but I liked it.  I still have questions about season 3.  

Netflix:  In the Shadow of the Moon  A detective who done it Netflix movie.  You kind of figure it out in the middle.  But never the less, was an entertaining movie.   They really focus on the main character/detective, and his spiral downwards, and everything else is just a piece of the puzzle.  It's a good filler/time killer.

34 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Goliath

Season 1 was great.

Hide contents

@Lou what do you think?

Anyone else?

After season 1 ended it didn't really seem like it had much story left to tell for a second season so I never bothered to check back in.

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

Goliath

Season 1 was great.

Hide contents

@Lou what do you think?

Anyone else?

I agree with your comments. S3 is much closer to S2, imo. 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

I agree with your comments. S3 is much closer to S2, imo. 

Don't like hearing this. So much to work with and great actors. Writers could have really done something special with this show. It showed in season 1

Thanks for the input everyone.

Farscape is back on Amazon Prime.  I have it on bluray, but I've been watching a couple of eps/night on stream. 

Like Star Trek TNG/DS9/Voyager, it gets off to a rough start, but it's only 4 season total, and from the 2nd half of S1 on, it's pretty fun.  Ahead of its time in many ways. 

On 10/26/2019 at 9:25 PM, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

Dolemite Is My Name

Best Eddie Murphy movie in 20 years since Bowfinger.  Welcome back.

happy eddie murphy GIF

That was good.  Played well into vintage Eddie Murphy type of humor.  Which is hard to do in today's climate.  Then again, I still like vintage Eddie Murphy humor.

Movie:  Zombieland 2 Double Tap  I was really looking forward to this one.  And it did not live up to my expectations.  I just thought that they rehashed the same old material from the first one too much.  I'd say 2/3 of the movie was rehashed material, and it just felt stale because of it.  And of the material that was original, most were in the trailers, so they weren't a surprise.  Hate to say it, but this one is a cable movie.  I just don't think they brought enough original material to warrant spending money on.  

Watched the first episode of Jack Ryan S2 last night. Really good start to the season. I had kinda forgotten how good that show really is. It's what Homeland should have been if it were planned out a bit better. Also, Wendell Pierce is one of my favorite actors working right now.

17 minutes ago, Don said:

Watched the first episode of Jack Ryan S2 last night. Really good start to the season. I had kinda forgotten how good that show really is. It's what Homeland should have been if it were planned out a bit better. Also, Wendell Pierce is one of my favorite actors working right now.

I'm going to check season 2 out but I feel like I watched season 1 because I started it and could binge away boredom.  It wasn't terrible but it wasn't anything memorable either, aside from Abbie Cornish in her birthday suit.