• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  World War 2 in Colour  An old series, but still a pretty good one.  About WW2.  A good one for any military history buff.

9 hours ago, Lou said:

thank you for clearing that up

I never knew there was a sequel. Cool! I’ll have to check it out.

'The Laundromat'

Steve Soderberg's new movie on Netflix about the Panama papers. It can't quite decide what it's going to be, non-fiction history lesson or dramatic and personal framing of events. Both elements are entertaining on their own but when cut together it reforms itself into some awkward, post modern hybrid that can't quite justify breaking the 4th wall. It also suffers from casting the morally and legally ambiguous nature of off shore tax shelters as the villain - stretching the story to include other, easier targets such as fraud and campaign finance reform to fill in the gaps. 

Meryl Streep will obviously find a nomination in here for her typically great performance but the real standout was Gary Oldman who's humorous take on a German banker in the Caribbean, who also serves as the films narrator is the highlight of the movie. Antonio Banderas is great as well.

Movie:  Jo Jo Rabbit  It was a solid all around film.  Won't put it up in the Oscar category, but it's a good coming of age type movie.  Acting was solid all the way through.  Even that no talent Johansson was very good in it.  Even Waititi pulled off Hitler well.  This will translate well to the small and big screen, so if it's on, it's defnitely a watch.  

Netflix:  Into the Badlands Season 3.5 Shut up Lou.  So a martial arts movie done in the Hong Kong filmmaking style with very coreographed fight scenes.  It's not for everyone.  But if you like this genre of show, it's pretty kick ass.  This season especially was more focused and had a much better direction.  

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Into the Badlands Season 3.5 Shut up Lou.  So a martial arts movie done in the Hong Kong filmmaking style with very coreographed fight scenes.  It's not for everyone.  But if you like this genre of show, it's pretty kick ass.  This season especially was more focused and had a much better direction.  

hey, I watched Warrior!

it's the zombie shows that are ridiculous.....and the sci-fi shows

Netflix movie:  American Son  This was one f'd up movie.  Goes through the whole gambit of race and the black vs cop relationship in the waiting room of a police station.  And the ending is just f'd.  Overall, it's a good police type movie that really has you questioning a lot.  

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix movie:  American Son  This was one f'd up movie.  Goes through the whole gambit of race and the black vs cop relationship in the waiting room of a police station.  And the ending is just f'd.  Overall, it's a good police type movie that really has you questioning a lot.  

did it have you questioning your love of zombie movies? 

The Lighthouse

WTF did I just watch?

I'll have to see this again, Dafoe and Pattinson are drunk all the time and Dafoe's accent is so thick and incomprehensible he'll win an Oscar for it. I still haven't really wrapped my mind around what actually happened in this film. Also a must see for anyone who's ever wanted to F*ck a mermaid.