• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Just now, Tank said:

Gracias. Extra vegan pumpkin pie for you tonight.

I've only watched the first 2 episodes so far. My son wants to watch it with me, and I didn't tell him I already started it. So we will probably watch 1-4 on Sunday. Bought our tickets for Rise Of Skywalker yesterday.

4 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

I've only watched the first 2 episodes so far. My son wants to watch it with me, and I didn't tell him I already started it. So we will probably watch 1-4 on Sunday. Bought our tickets for Rise Of Skywalker yesterday.

Nice. 

We’ll probably see it when we’re in Carlsbad. Will drag my wife and daughter kicking and screaming to the theater.

Netflix:  American Horror Story  Still watching it.  Season 1 was a good start.  Some seasons have been good.  Some bad.  But Season 7, episode 1 has to be the greatest episode in the history of media.  Overall, they could have done the horror better, especially for cable.  It's a step above of network tv type programming.  But it's entertaining.  

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  American Horror Story  Still watching it.  Season 1 was a good start.  Some seasons have been good.  Some bad.  But Season 7, episode 1 has to be the greatest episode in the history of media.  Overall, they could have done the horror better, especially for cable.  It's a step above of network tv type programming.  But it's entertaining.  

Season 2 is the best season.

The Irishman (netflix) Pesci, DeNiro, Pacino.

The movie itself was OK...Maybe a C+..but what struck me was the fact that all the main characters in the real story, were portrayed by actors that were 20 years older than they were at the time.

Hoffa was 62 when he disappeared and Pacino is nearly 80 (and he looks even older than that)

I had a hard time with the whole movie because of it.

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

The movie itself was OK...Maybe a C+..but what struck me was the fact that all the main characters in the real story, were portrayed by actors that were 20 years older than they were at the time.

Hoffa was 62 when he disappeared and Pacino is nearly 80 (and he looks even older than that)

I liked it. The age thing didn’t bother me because the quality of the actors. Some interesting historical references in that movie and some of the accusations made it good to follow. 

i enjoyed the irishman.  pesci's performance especially.  i also liked the tone of the whole movie towards organized crime.  less sentimentality than scorsese usually shows with the subject, and it really worked. the little blurbs that showed up on screen for how some of the smaller characters died were pretty neat, too. 

On 11/29/2019 at 2:19 PM, Homebrewer said:

I had the same issue. Wasn’t so bothered by it with Pesci or Pacino, but it was confusing with DeNiro. Dude never looked younger than like 60 at any point in the movie. And so much of the film takes place when that character is in his 30s/40s. Should have really put some effort into finding a serviceable actor that just looked a lot long young DeNiro. Probably would’ve been a tough search but doable.

32 minutes ago, Brandon said:

No more Netflix and chill. It's now Disney Plus and bust.

Until Warner’s HBO Max hits next year.  Sick of paying $15 for HBO and separately for Cinemax when I could have both in a bundle.  It’s about time.

Also, they’re adding classic Looney Tunes.  Always preferred them over Disney.

9 minutes ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Watched it a decade ago and don't remember this.  What season, episode? 

Asking for a friend.

Hmmm, it's been awhile for me too, but I want to say season 2. It's when he had that boyfriend and they were running around as a stick up crew.