• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

49 minutes ago, Don said:

I finished Jack Ryan S2 last night. While I still thoroughly enjoy the show, I agree with a lot of people here that the back half of this season felt a little rushed and they made some odd choices with story direction. Still entertaining as hell in my opinion, but I think that's mainly because it fills a space genre-wise that isn't really being served much these days.

This season felt like the story line from Clear and Present danger.  It used a lot of that movies best scenes and wrote them into this season. 

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

Dialogue is definitely key. Homeland felt pretty sharp in the original seasons, but I checked out around Season 4 I think.

Homeland's dialogue may have been sharp but it's characterizations were trash... It felt like a tv show about the CIA written by someone who never bothered to research anything about the CIA.

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Homeland reminded me of The Walking Dead. 

Started out great with a good premise then you realize every episode is the same with no advancement. 

I just couldn't get over how a dude with that smoking hot wife, loving family and all of America all over his dick would just convert to Islam and become a terrorist.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I just couldn't get over how a dude with that smoking hot wife, loving family and all of America all over his dick would just convert to Islam and become a terrorist.

I'll say it was somewhat plausible the way they told the story and being captive....at least it was different.

I just laughed at how intelligence at the government level works but they spend years trying to track him down or magically seem lost or duped. I think I lasted two seasons.

ps. that chick was an absolute smoke show.

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'll say it was somewhat plausible the way they told the story and being captive....at least it was different.

I just laughed at how intelligence at the government level works but they spend years trying to track him down or magically seem lost or duped. I think I lasted two seasons.

ps. that chick was an absolute smoke show.

I think they blew it making her so fucking hot. If he had come back and his wife was pushing 200 lbs I'd totally buy into him going full jihadi.

26 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think they blew it making her so fucking hot. If he had come back and his wife was pushing 200 lbs I'd totally buy into him going full jihadi.

lol.

Oh man, I've done a lot of VA loans and get drivers licenses or through talking to them hear certain stories or lifestyles. I can't tell you how many meatheads are either off or married early or incorrectly and tell you all about it. So many dudes have told me how they married early, did their tour of duty, and came back to complete unhappiness in this regard.

Saw Ford vs Ferrari today. They should rename it Ford vs Shelby because the Ferrari plot line lasted about 8 minutes. Damon and Bale were both good in their roles. I will watch it again when it hits the streaming circuit.

Spoiler

I love car movies and it didn't disappoint. But.

Would have liked more of looking at the inner workings of the GT40 from conception to completion.

They introduce the car as just showing up without the entire design process being explained. It went from handshake to test drive as if Ford was already developing a race car before Shelby got involved. 

They did offer some of the engineering transformation of the car but mostly from the drivers response and not the painstaking trial and error of re-engineering. I guess much more would have bored the average viewer but I'm the kind of guy that goes to historical races and hangs out in the pits talking to the mechanics. 

When you realize these guys strapped into cars that could exceed 200mph and had no on board fire extinguishers, they were men with tremendous courage and many had short, tragic careers. The movie just barely touched on that. 

Watched season 1 of Worricker Chronicles on Netflix

PBS show

Spoiler

Started out slow in the first episode but picked up a little towards the end. The last 2 were much better and writers brought it into focus.

So overall it was a good show to watch.

2 of the episodes are the director and the actors talking about making it.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

McNulty would have crushed it at the Regal Beagle 

There's a broad he smashes in that show that still sticks out as a random hot chick naked in a show. When he's shitfaced at a diner and takes the waitress home.

That chick always stood out to me for some reason.