• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Watch the Netflix documentary on Carrol Shelby for more in depth about his racing career and relationship with Ford motor company. The real hero of the GT40 was Lee Iaccoca convincing Ford to hire Shelby to straighten out their car and make it track worthy. At the same time Shelby had built his own car that could actually beat the GT40 but funding was cut by Ford. 

12 hours ago, gotbeer said:

That movie is like Shawshank.   If it's on, you just keep it on the channel.  But you really don't go out of the way and play it from your video collection.  

Showtime has been streaming it and the direct to DVD sequels of late.  They’ve been doing this to a lot of home video Sony sequels lately.  Who knew there were so many Sniper and SWAT movies?  They’ve played ST a lot back to their days of playing TriStar Sony movies back in the 90’s.

Halfway through Network.  It expired on iTunes with my 99 cent rental but I don’t mind spending a few more to rent to see the rest because it’s really that great so far.  RIP Sidney Lumet and Peter Finch.

16 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Movie:  Ford vs Ferrari  A great car guy movie.  I'm going to look up the backstory, and see what was real/fiction.  I thought it was well done, actors were great, story was intriguing.  If you have any balls, it's worth at least a watch when it comes out on cable.

If anyone has any balls, they aren't taking your movie advice.

6 hours ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

Showtime has been streaming it and the direct to DVD sequels of late.  They’ve been doing this to a lot of home video Sony sequels lately.  Who knew there were so many Sniper and SWAT movies?  They’ve played ST a lot back to their days of playing TriStar Sony movies back in the 90’s.

Halfway through Network.  It expired on iTunes with my 99 cent rental but I don’t mind spending a few more to rent to see the rest because it’s really that great so far.  RIP Sidney Lumet and Peter Finch.

TIL that Shawshank Redemption had direct-to-DVD sequels.

I counted, and I've seen 47 movies in 2019. WTF? I didn't realize I had been to the movies over four times a month.

Here are my current rankings:

1. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

2. Knives Out

3. Rocketman

4. Once Upon a Time … in Hollywood

5. The Farewell

6. Ford v Ferrari

7. Toy Story 4

8. The Lighthouse

9. Avengers: Endgame

10. Us

1. Midsommar

2. Jojo Rabbit

3. Frozen II

4. Spider-Man: Far from Home

5. Doctor Sleep

6. Ad Astra

7. Judy

8. Booksmart

9. Shazam!

10. Captain Marvel

11. It Chapter Two

12. Joker

13. Ready or Not

14. They Shall Not Grow Old

15. Apollo 11

16. Good Boys

17. Pokémon Detective Pikachu

18. The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part

19. Yesterday

20. Pet Sematary

21. Long Shot

22. Annabelle Comes Home

23. The Best of Enemies

24. Crawl

25. Glass

26. Zombieland: Double Tap

27. Happy Death Day 2U

28. Stuber

29. The Secret Life of Pets 2

30. The Lion King

31. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

32. Isn’t It Romantic

33. Brightburn

34. Cold Pursuit

35. Escape Room

36. Greta

37. Child’s Play

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

You go to the movies twice in a year, and one of those movies is ... Escape Room? Really?

holy crap, I thought you were referring to Panic Room with Jodie Foster. 

Also, I said I watched the movies, not that I watched them in a theatre. The last movie I went to see was The Bourne Ultimatum. 

42 minutes ago, Adam said:

I just realized I've never seen The Wolf Of Wall St. 

One of the few movies I have fell asleep to in the theater. I was already tired and we went to the 9:30 or 10pm showing and had no idea the movie was so long. I knocked out at some point, was woken up, and we left.

Part of the reason I'm the only one that hasn't seen "The Irishman" yet knowing it's so long.

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Part of the reason I'm the only one that hasn't seen "The Irishman" yet knowing it's so long.

Was going to watch it last night until I realized it was 3.5 hours long.

Went back to watching Ripper Street instead. 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Rally's going to be pissed the JoJo Rabbit was ranked so low.  Evidently, it's a great film. 

It should be higher.

The opening scene with real footage of Nazi women going nuts for Hitler all to the sound of The Beatles "I Wana Hold Your Hand" sung in German is my favorite moment in a movie this year.

18 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It should be higher.

The opening scene with real footage of Nazi women going nuts for Hitler all to the sound of The Beatles "I Wana Hold Your Hand" sung in German is my favorite moment in a movie this year.

you obviously forgot about all of the amazing scenes from Tyler Perry's A Madea Family Funeral