• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Caught a little bit of Treadstone... Can't decide if it has potential or not.  Might have to watch a full episode.

saw the last fifteen minutes of it. not sure what to make of it, but learned i don't want to make the asian chick mad in any way.

11 hours ago, junkorama said:

Watchmen, Episode 1

Rating: Really/F'ing Good

I was super impressed and am all in on this. Regina King was badass.

Not familiar with the back story on this one, so thought it was a German plane in the first 1921 scene.

Regina King is very good.  

38 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  The Laundromat  It's a movie about money laundering.  With a cast like Streep, Oldman, Banderas gave it a shot.  This was a train wreck all over.  A pass movie.

be honest... you thought it was a movie about Asians, didn't you?

The OA season 1.

Im not really sure how I feel about this. It's kind of awful but the hard outs on the episodes have me binging. It feels like something I'd write but then throw in the garbage cuz I thought it was trash.

A whole bunch of it doesn't really make sense or feels kind of random, but if you just accept it for what it is, it's kind of compelling... Like, why is Prairie jumping off a bridge in the opening? Are they even gona go back to that? 

And then...

Spoiler

The school shooter plot line is literally out of left field. If that is your big payoff this should be established somewhere earlier in the series. Who is the school shooter, why are they school shooting? What is it about the dance that they've learned that stops school shooters from firing more than one round? wtf?

At the same time, wanting to learn what happened with Prairie, the details of her near death experience and her years long disappearance are compelling. Also the subtlety unique way the story is told is really engaging. 

5 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

The OA season 1.

Im not really sure how I feel about this. It's kind of awful but the hard outs on the episodes have me binging. It feels like something I'd write but then throw in the garbage cuz I thought it was trash.

A whole bunch of it doesn't really make sense or feels kind of random, but if you just accept it for what it is, it's kind of compelling... Like, why is Prairie jumping off a bridge in the opening? Are they even gona go back to that? 

And then...

Hide contents

The school shooter plot line is literally out of left field. If that is your big payoff this should be established somewhere earlier in the series. Who is the school shooter, why are they school shooting? What is it about the dance that they've learned that stops school shooters from firing more than one round? wtf?

At the same time, wanting to learn what happened with Prairie, the details of her near death experience and her years long disappearance are compelling. Also the subtlety unique way the story is told is really engaging. 

Answers, kind of in season 2.  It's a weird show.  Too bad they aren't going to finish it up.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

They're seriously only going to do 2 out of 3 parts? 

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

I think it was supposed to be 5 parts.  But yeah, it got cancelled.  And season 2 really does make season 1 make more sense.  Well, not really, but makes it not as much weird.

Netflix:  Raising Dion  A new take on a superhero series.  First part is more about raising a child with powers that he doesn't know how to control.  Ending is more of about the superhero plot line.  Pretty well done overall.  A good one for a superhero fan.  It's should be entertaining for someone looking for something to watch also.

Netflix:  Rattlesnake  A Netflix movie, kind of horror, but more suspense/thriller type.  Don't want to give anything away, since it's a simple straightforward film.  It's a bit simple and predictable.  More of a time killer film if you are into that type of movie.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:39 PM, Taylor said:

Joker was really good. It wasn't perfect, but it was very solid for what it set out to do. Joaquin Phoenix was phenomenal.

Reveal hidden contents

Went to see this at the local theater tonight.  Not a typical Comic Book movie at all.  The performance by Joaquin Phoenix is so edgy.   He has to be the favorite to win the Oscar this year.

I really liked this one.

Spoiler

I really didn't mind the scenes with young Bruce.  The initial encounter was a main turning point for Arthur, as his decent really took off from there.

What is real and what is imagined.  Did he have a relationship with the lady on his floor?

What is truth and is fabrication.  Was he really adopted?