• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

58 minutes ago, Lou said:

Ok. All I read is that no premiere date has been announced.

On a separate note, there's a new show based on the Bourne films, Treadstone, beginning on October 15th

What is it going to be playing on?  

Also, since you are a Bourne fan.  Were you also a fan of the Renner film?  I actually liked the Renner film, as it added to the Bourne/Treadstone story.  

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

What is it going to be playing on?  

Also, since you are a Bourne fan.  Were you also a fan of the Renner film?  I actually liked the Renner film, as it added to the Bourne/Treadstone story.  

it'll be on USA.

While it Renner film didn't come close to being on par with the Damon movies, it was still ok.

8 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

That's my feeling. I like Renner, but prefer Damon. And the Damon films were just better, more memorable.

Yep. I've seen each Damon movie more than 5 times. I've seen the Renner film once. 

Didn't make it through the Renner film. I kept wondering what happened that they picked this ugly dude that wasn't really an actor. If you put a character actor face on screen like a Gene Hackman he better be compelling. Renner is just a guy. 

42 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Didn't make it through the Renner film. I kept wondering what happened that they picked this ugly dude that wasn't really an actor. If you put a character actor face on screen like a Gene Hackman he better be compelling. Renner is just a guy. 

Takeaway: Blarg likes pretty boys. 

Netflix:  Dave Chapelle special.  I was kind of disappointed in it.  First, it was only like an hour long.  Second, I thought his stuff was really hit or miss.  But the biggest disappointment for me was that he was too safe.  Sure he had all this controversial stuff.  But it just seemed like he was dancing around all the controversial topics and not really going all out.  

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Dave Chapelle special.  I was kind of disappointed in it.  First, it was only like an hour long.  Second, I thought his stuff was really hit or miss.  But the biggest disappointment for me was that he was too safe.  Sure he had all this controversial stuff.  But it just seemed like he was dancing around all the controversial topics and not really going all out.  

And yet the SJW's are still up in arms!

I finished rolling through 'Dark' season 1 and season 2. It really hooked me early on and I am now disappointed that there aren't any more episodes. :( Time travel stories usually suck because they are full of contradictions and plot holes, but so far Dark has managed to avoid these. There is a well defined inner logic that plays consistently through both seasons, and there is a lot of thought put in to when and how to expand on that premise. 

On 8/29/2019 at 7:57 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

The new Dave Chapelle special is an all timer. If you are a snowflake, easily outraged, or have a lot of feelings you might want to skip this one - for the rest of us it's great to see someone stick his neck out and say all the things you're not supposed to say anymore.

It really was. I've been putting it off, but Joey Diaz the other day said it was the best stand up hour of the year over Jeselnik, which is strong. One of the better hours I've seen.

I'm super into comedy/comedians and it was a treat to watch as a comedy nerd. His pacing, mannerisms, facial expressions, timing, pauses, etc. are all next level and perfect. Also, hours are rehearsed well in advance for the taping, so to even see the impromptu of hecklers or the cellphone were well done and still fit the set. It's why he's the best....and then we get new Bill Burr next week.

The epilogue after was also pretty neat. Q&A with additional stories and jokes.

Netflix:  Agents of Shield Season 6.  They are just going all over the place now. Still keeps the same vibe as the other seasons.  Not really part of the Marvel universe, but in some ways part of the marvel universe.  If you've invested the past 5 seasons, then it's a must.  If you are looking for a new comic book show to start from scratch, then I'd look elsewhere.  

49 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Agents of Shield Season 6.  They are just going all over the place now. Still keeps the same vibe as the other seasons.  Not really part of the Marvel universe, but in some ways part of the marvel universe.  If you've invested the past 5 seasons, then it's a must.  If you are looking for a new comic book show to start from scratch, then I'd look elsewhere.  

You should just go ahead and sell your television

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

on the current season there's a 7 foot tall black guy on the show. he's a former student of mine named winston francis.