• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Just now, Redondo said:

So how does the Amazon Fire stick work? I have to subscribe to individual streaming sites to get the shows. Like Netflix and Amazon.

Does the Fire stick bypass that? I read that the 4K Firestick is only around $50

No need to subscribe if you download APKs. 

41 minutes ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

Just saw the new David Crosby documentary at the Claremont Laemmle.  Great but heartbreaking at times regarding the grudges he and the musicians he’s worked with still have especially since he’s probably in the last years of his life.

His book.."Long Time Gone" was an eye opener.

Found some shows on Amazon that I haven't seen yet.

Started DCI Banks and Tin Star. Both pretty standard issue so far.

Worricker trilogy and Trapped are 2 others that look like they might be interesting.

Anyone have any input on any of these?

5 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Found some shows on Amazon that I haven't seen yet.

Started DCI Banks and Tin Star. Both pretty standard issue so far.

Worricker trilogy and Trapped are 2 others that look like they might be interesting.

Anyone have any input on any of these?

Trapped is fantastic.

I really liked Tin Star, too. 

1 minute ago, Redondo said:

@Lou

5 episodes into Trapped. Like it so far.

The Icelandic names when you read them are impossible to pronounce. But they seem to switch to perfect English with no problems.

Ha. I think they're just bullshitting and sitting back and laughing at us 

8 hours ago, Redondo said:

I forgot to mention the cold and wind there. No way I could live there. I live in the other extreme, got 121 here the other day.

Andri is like a polar bear. Guy goes outside with no beanie and one jacket and seems to never get cold. Amazing.

He's such an unassuming badass. I loved his character.

On 8/1/2019 at 11:35 AM, NJHalo said:

I am about half way through, and so far I wish they stopped at season 6. The political agenda of the writers is just too overwhelming. 

Piper needs to go away. Her storyline is just too tired. 

I'll finish it because I have already invested 6 1/2 seasons into it, but I am disappointed so far. 

Orange is the New Black 

I take it back. I enjoyed the end of the series. Things got much better after they got off their political soapbox. Great job bringing back old characters and wrapping things up. 

Netflix:  Red Sea Diving Resort.    One of those docu movies about the Jews escaping from Somalia/Sudan.  Interesting learning new tidbits of history.  It's more of a casual mindless movie.  But if you are interested in historical type movies, it might be worth your time.

Just binge watched Chernobyl, start to finish.

Wow.

One of the best miniseries Ive ever seen.

Not sure how accurate it is. Im sure its pretty close, but somw may be fiction.

But aside from the story itself (I love historic events), the show was amazing. Great acting and dialogue. Music was great for atmosphere. Well paced. Etc etc.

Movie:  Hobbs and Shaw  Didn't have any real expectations for this one.  I thought it was better than the other Fast and the Furious movies, but that's kind of really a low bar I'm comparing it to.  It was entertaining, and there was a story to it.  They went the James Bond route and pretty much put a super villain in it.  Not as much of in your face action, vehicles doing the impossible type stunts, but there were enough of those types of scenes.  Overall, it's a fun movie to see once.  But it's more of a cable when you are bored movie.