• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

6 hours ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Anyone seen Midsommar?  I loved Hereditary and am looking forward to this one.

I saw it. It was very good, but much less scary than I was expecting it to be. While Hereditary was non-stop dread, Midsommar is more uneven in its tone. It even has some laugh-out-loud moments. It's a fascinating movie. 

Edited by Taylor

Watched Hereditary twice because there were so many things hidden in plain site that I missed the first time through.  Your right, dread is the word.  One of the few movies that I've read online forums about trying to understand certain things and getting way more detail.  Looking forward to Midsommar.  Might take the family this weekend.  My 9 year old is really looking forward to it.

3 hours ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Watched Hereditary twice because there were so many things hidden in plain site that I missed the first time through.  Your right, dread is the word.  One of the few movies that I've read online forums about trying to understand certain things and getting way more detail.  Looking forward to Midsommar.  Might take the family this weekend.  My 9 year old is really looking forward to it.

Not sure if I'd take a 9-year-old to it. ?

On 7/3/2019 at 2:15 PM, failos said:

I finished Dark S2 the other day. Amazing show, can’t wait for S3.

Just finished Season 2.  Well, that didn't disappoint.  And here I was wondering where they would go.  Looking at the interweb, looks like Season 3 will be the final season.  Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

been watching the reruns of Bonanza the last couple of weeks. each episode is the same - some bad guy has a plan and a gang to back him up, and it's up to the cartwrights to not only foil his plan but to save the widow/young girl/innocent family. 

been watching petticoat junction, too.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

been watching the reruns of Bonanza the last couple of weeks. each episode is the same - some bad guy has a plan and a gang to back him up, and it's up to the cartwrights to not only foil his plan but to save the widow/young girl/innocent family. 

been watching petticoat junction, too.

Dude, Spoiler Alert!

I've been watching "Alias Smith and Jones"

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

Lion King remake: Good, not great. Actually, I felt pretty "meh" by the end of it. 

I was left pretty disappointed by it.  So disappointed that I went to Google play to buy the original.  It lacked the gravitas of the original.

I started watching Westworld, very captivating and the acting is top notch especially by Evan Rachel Wood.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

Good old show for sure.

Though you never see Hoss or Little Joe chase any girls and if they do they don't have a clue what to do. How did the Cartwright name continue on?

On 7/22/2019 at 1:22 PM, aznhockeyguy said:

I was left pretty disappointed by it.  So disappointed that I went to Google play to buy the original.  It lacked the gravitas of the original.

That's true of about 95% of remakes. I just re-watched Star Trek: Into Darkness for the first time since it came out, hoping it would be better than I remembered. It wasn't. It was an OK film, but as a remake of Wrath of Khan it was just atrocious. It almost felt like a parody.

I think the main problem is that most remakes replace good story-telling with a focus on special effects and action. 

On 7/22/2019 at 5:12 PM, Redondo said:

Good old show for sure.

Though you never see Hoss or Little Joe chase any girls and if they do they don't have a clue what to do. How did the Cartwright name continue on?

Ben was a pimp 

5ppusm.gif

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

I just finished up season 2 of Absentia last night. It was good but not great. Stana Katic is not only hot but a good actress.

I really liked S1. I quit S2 about 4 episodes in.

Netflix:  Lucifer.  One of those trying to be serious, but also trying to insert comedy type shows.  I'd say it's closer to a mindless have it on, get some laughs type.  Actually kind of enjoyed it, as long as you don't expect much from it.

Netflix:  Another Life.  Kind of had high hopes for this one.  Sci Fi film with Katee Sackhoff in it?  Was hoping for a Battlestar Galactica smarts with a bit of Interstellar, except for the stupid ending.  I was pretty disappointed, and this is coming from a sci fi nerd.  It was kind of a hot mess from the start.  The story seemed rushed, and not well thought out.  It seemed that every episode had to have some kind of absolute doom for the crew that they somehow got out of.  The alien thing could have been so much better, but again, they had to rush it all.  This seemed like one of those series where they didn't think it would get picked up for a second season, so they crammed as much as possible into the one chance they got.  Overall, might be worth it if you are a sci fi fan.  If you are looking for something more, then it's probably a bottom of the barrel show on the watchlist.