• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

At peace now as a fan of this team

This came as a revelation after last night's depressing loss. I can't be mad as hell anymore. It's eating me up inside. My digestive system is going haywire (@tdawg87 can relate), every new update on Trout's never-ending calf strain is causing acid reflux, my heart meds need upgrading, etc. 

I've got a new strategy now. I don't give a damn. Go ahead and sweep us, Oakland! Have at it! Let this franchise go its mediocre way and drift in 3rd and 4th place for the next decade, see if I care! Life is too short. At least there's Ohtani.

I'm going the Joe Maddon route, with a nice glass of Cabernet and a joke or two. Cishek, come on in and blow another game wide open! Trout, take another year off and rest that calf! Rendon....who's Rendon?? Arte, go out and buy another expensive 34-year old free agent. 

Oh, and I'm thinking of trying meditation. Helps to bring the blood pressure down. 

O blessed peace in finally putting this fan experience in perspective. It helps that we won a World Series. They'll never take that away from us.

Peace out!

Does the Angels performance affect my quality of life?  Yes.  When they win I’ll listen the the radio pregame, when they lose I just don’t.    I smile when they win and am displeased when they lose.  When fans of other teams give me a hard time, I laugh it off but complain about Arte on this board.  It’s a big part of my life.

I am holding on to the idea that the big move this season was to DFA Pujols.  Watching mediocre baseball partly due to Pujols' contract is the price I now willingly pay to see his sorry, selfish and insignificant ass no longer in an Angels uniform.

This is one move Minasian got right.

This season actually gives me some hope.  We have hovered around 500 without Trout and Rendon for a large part of the season.  We’ve seen the emergence of Shohei, Sandoval, Barria, and Suarez as viable SP options.  We have Deitmers on deck, Marsh has shown some flashes, Adell may be ready for next year.  Raisel is a good closer and we may have some good bullpen options in the minors.

Our minor leagues has shown some signs of life, especially in the lower levels.  Minasian seems to have made some really good picks in MLB draft that could start paying dividends next year.  

We also have a crap load of cash to spend next year and we don’t have any glaring position holes so we can spend on a #2 starter and bullpen help.  Given all that’s happened, this team has played better than I would have expected given the injuries and crap bullpen.  

Again (follow the steps):

1. The team is at .500 despite losing its best two position players for most of the year.

2. The two biggest problems--the bullpen and defense--are fixable.

3. The lineup is stacked.

4. The starting rotation is young, solid, and with upside.

5. The farm system is improving.

I know the last five ten twelve years have sucked and it is tempting to expect more of the same, but I think we're at the tipping point. The lineup is excellent, the rotation pretty good and getting better, the farm on the upswing. The difference between this team and 90+ wins is basically a healthier Trout and Rendon, 3-4 solid relievers, and some defensive improvement. Add in a good starter, even better.

37 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I am holding on to the idea that the big move this season was to DFA Pujols.  Watching mediocre baseball partly due to Pujols' contract is the price I now willingly pay to see his sorry, selfish and insignificant ass no longer in an Angels uniform.

This is one move Minasian got right.

Then he went to the Dodgers and became a significant part-time player on their way to the postseason.

But he's no longer with us, so win-win.

22 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Then he went to the Dodgers and became a significant part-time player on their way to the postseason.

But he's no longer with us, so win-win.

I think he’s going to be released with the addition of Turner and with Betts and Seager coming back.  Unless the Dodgers make another trade involving Muncy, or Belinger or Seager.

@fan_since79 to be perfectly honest with you... you were turning into a really cranky old man. You were becoming the kind of guy, bank tellers try to avoid when you come into a bank by running off to their break when they see you come in the door.  The kind of guy, kids cross the street from when they see you on a sidewalk.  It's too late for AO, but glad you realized you needed to change your mindset.

It's just baseball.  Everything about it is out of our control except how we react to it.

Wow, you guys give up easy, lol.  Personally I really like many of the guys on this team a lot, they have character, but not always the greatest skill.  I do fear that Minasian may be way in over his head though.  

1 hour ago, tomsred said:

Wow, you guys give up easy, lol.  Personally I really like many of the guys on this team a lot, they have character, but not always the greatest skill.  I do fear that Minasian may be way in over his head though.  

Character doesn’t win baseball games, I’m sick of losing. 

I still vent and follow the games so despite my "not caring anymore" narrative, it's obvious I do care at least a little.

But holy balls it is really hard to be a fan of this team. I never won't be, but I really have to distance myself. 

I can't even get excited about Ohtani or Trout anymore. I'm absolutely jaded and I am sick of giving so much of my attention to this crap. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I am 100% a fairweather fan at this point. I know this organization has been through far worse times, but I don't care. I wasn't around then. Right now, there's nothing but mediocrity, and we hope for a playoff spot that was put in place 9 years ago, and one they haven't been able to win in those 9 years (2014 Division Championship notwithstanding). 

I don't know. I'm not "at peace" with anything. I've just had the passion completely sucked out of me (gross) by this organization.