• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

At peace now as a fan of this team

On 7/30/2021 at 7:32 AM, fan_since79 said:

This came as a revelation after last night's depressing loss. I can't be mad as hell anymore. It's eating me up inside. My digestive system is going haywire (@tdawg87 can relate), every new update on Trout's never-ending calf strain is causing acid reflux, my heart meds need upgrading, etc. 

I've got a new strategy now. I don't give a damn. Go ahead and sweep us, Oakland! Have at it! Let this franchise go its mediocre way and drift in 3rd and 4th place for the next decade, see if I care! Life is too short. At least there's Ohtani.

I'm going the Joe Maddon route, with a nice glass of Cabernet and a joke or two. Cishek, come on in and blow another game wide open! Trout, take another year off and rest that calf! Rendon....who's Rendon?? Arte, go out and buy another expensive 34-year old free agent. 

Oh, and I'm thinking of trying meditation. Helps to bring the blood pressure down. 

O blessed peace in finally putting this fan experience in perspective. It helps that we won a World Series. They'll never take that away from us.

Peace out!

Thoughts and prayers

24 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I don't really think they have. They were great for an expansion team in the 60's, I don't think they were awful in the 70's, had a really good run from '79 through '86, then kinda sucked into the early 90's. They weren't successful but they had some exciting teams from the mid 90's that culminated in 2002. This team has been mediocre at best since 2015 and unsuccessful outside of 2014 since 2010. They've basically had one good season the last 12, and most of those they haven't really been competitive. I think you could make a good argument that this is the worst, longest run of ineptitude in franchise history. Maybe the late 80's early 90's were worse, but they were only half as long.

I didn't want to say this because I figured I'd get attacked by the boomers. I've only really followed the team since the late 90's.

Not a fun time to be an Angels fan living in New England. For example:

5iwzwn.jpg

That's me at Fenway. Best seats I've ever had at a baseball game. 

And here's the box score:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS199707260.shtml

See that 3 in the bottom of the 9th? Yep. Very sad.

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

They've basically had one good season the last 12, and most of those they haven't really been competitive. I think you could make a good argument that this is the worst, longest run of ineptitude in franchise history. Maybe the late 80's early 90's were worse, but they were only half as long.

The 90s were awful.  They won 85 or more games once during that span -- something they did four times during the 00s.   It wasn't just the play, it was the way ownership behaved the first half of that decade -- they were at one point on MLB's contraction list FFS.  The stuff that was going on farm wise the back end of that decade was brutal too, by 99 the Angels had really hit rock bottom even if the record may not have indicated how bad things were. 

They have made a bunch of mistakes since the Stoneman era no doubt, created a lot of their own problems but at no point in their entire history were they as snake bit with pitcher injuries as they were the last decade.  They might have been able to overcome their stupidity had they not gone through that rash of TJs.  

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I didn't want to say this because I figured I'd get attacked by the boomers. I've only really followed the team since the late 90's.

5iwzwn.jpg

And here's the box score:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS199707260.shtml

See that 3 in the bottom of the 9th? Yep. Very sad.

tpuppy

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

5iwzwn.jpg

Is that your dad with the beard?