• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

11 hours ago, totdprods said:

I really see two things right now…mind you, this is in part my response based on we’ve seen Arte and to a lesser degree Perry operate. 

The Angels have a pretty specific win-now period, and I’d say it’s 2021-2023. After that it’s hard to say what we’re getting out of Trout, Rendon, Ohtani. 

After that the future is pretty murky. Most of our talent is crazy, crazy young. They might move fast, but we’ve seen teams rush youth movements and it not click as needed - the White Sox, Padres, even the Astros recently. To expect this wave to arrive and help in 2023-2024 is pretty ambitious.

I am as much about methodically building a farm as anyone here, my writings reflect that, but the time is finite for this fabled Trout Window and it’s kinda now or never. They’re looking at maybe two or three chances of peak-Trout in the playoffs and who knows, this could be the only fully healthy season Ohtani does what he can do. They need to go for it. That doesn’t mean raze the farm or snag only rentals, but anyone who can help 2021 and even just 2022 should be atop the list. This is a perfect season to both buy and sell because we have youth we can promote (Detmers, Marsh, maybe Bachman) to fill some holes of guys we sell.

We’re all in a bit of a haze from the last decade and it’s causing some tunnel vision here at times. I’m not wowed by Perry yet I’m almost any way, but I’ll give him a chance that he can 1) buy strong now/this winter and 2) properly pivot/hard sell in 2022/2023 if this shit isn’t working in a way we haven’t seen during Arte’s time and maybe do a mass re-stock (like the Red Sox? Maybe? There’s a better example escaping me) around then as we start seeing the Arol Vera-types reach AAA. 

they're in a win now period?  Could have fooled me with the approach they're taking.  

2021 is over.  If you think they have a chance this year then I have nothing for you.  

If you think that 2022 is going to be better then fine but in order to bring in the talent they need via trade to actually contend and be at a level which actually should ensure that then they actually do need to raze the farm.  Because one big trade for that arm you're talking about pretty much does that.  

They're a .500 team and are going to need an entire bullpen next year along with a front line starter.  And probably other in terms of rotation depth.  It's astounding to me that people think Detmers and Rodriguez are going to step in and not have growing pains.  They're in AA.  

The Red Sox have had just about everything possible go their way this year.  That's what we rely on every year seemingly.  

You're hoping that Perry gets to do something totally different than anything his predecessors have been allowed to do at any point over the last 10 years?  

I'm not gonna hold my breath.  

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-trade-deadline-chips-for-every-team

Firmly believing the Angels should buy and sell still, but reading this definitely made me wonder what prospect Raisel Iglesias (maybe with another RP or a SP added as well) could net. Losing Iglesias would really sting the slim playoff chances we have, but maybe someone steps up with the closer role open.

Nick Allen, Ronny Mauricio, Rafael Marchan, Keibert Ruiz, Luis Campusano, Joey Bart...would be difficult to get anyone of that caliber for a rental, but I think if anyone like that is offered for Raisel+ you have to go for it. I'll add guys like Taylor Walls and Xavier Edwards to that too. 

Edited by totdprods

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Danny Duffy back to the injured list. As I mentioned elsewhere, he hadn't been able to get through more than a few innings in any of his appearances after coming back from the IL the last time.  Gotta think his value is minimal at this point. 

Setting himself up nicely for a one-year deal with the Angels that we all love at first and wind up hating by the end. 

On 7/20/2021 at 2:08 PM, CanadianHalo said:

Alek Manoah was just placed on 10 day IL. The Jays need pitching and Manoah has been good for them so far. 

It’s no secret they already desperately needed pitching (starting and bullpen) help. Cobb and Iggy would really help them.

They'll deal for Cobb or Iglesias. Angels will get their catching prospect Gabriel Moreno. 

These are still my predictions

1. Angels trade Raisel Iglesias and Alex Cobb to Toronto Blue Jays in return for catcher Gabriel Moreno, and pitchers Eric Pardinho and Joey Murray. 

2. Angels trade Andrew Heaney and Jose Iglesias to the New York Mets in return for RHP Robert Dominguez and OF Alex Ramirez (Now the Angels will have two of them).

3. Angels trade Jo Adell and Jeremiah Jackson to the Cincinnati Reds in return for RHP Luis Castillo. 

4. Angels trade Kurt Suzuki to the San Francisco Giants for RHP Kevin Castro.