• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Second Base said:

These are still my predictions

1. Angels trade Raisel Iglesias and Alex Cobb to Toronto Blue Jays in return for catcher Gabriel Moreno, and pitchers Eric Pardinho and Joey Murray. 

2. Angels trade Andrew Heaney and Jose Iglesias to the New York Mets in return for RHP Robert Dominguez and OF Alex Ramirez (Now the Angels will have two of them).

3. Angels trade Jo Adell and Jeremiah Jackson to the Cincinnati Reds in return for RHP Luis Castillo. 

4. Angels trade Kurt Suzuki to the San Francisco Giants for RHP Kevin Castro. 

Love it. Sign me up.

19 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Love it. Sign me up.

Gets us the catcher of the future after Stassi, a collection of projectable future relief pitchers, and an athletic outfield prospect.

And next year, it puts Ohtani, Castillo, Detmers, Rodriguez, Sandoval and Suarez/Canning/Barria in the rotation which is incredible. 

If Minasian pulled that off, he'd be the GM of the year. He could enter the off-season with 50 million to spend on building a bullpen.

12 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Gets us the catcher of the future after Stassi, a collection of projectable future relief pitchers, and an athletic outfield prospect.

And next year, it puts Ohtani, Castillo, Detmers, Rodriguez, Sandoval and Suarez/Canning/Barria in the rotation which is incredible. 

If Minasian pulled that off, he'd be the GM of the year. He could enter the off-season with 50 million to spend on building a bullpen.

It’s not that far away, that winning thing.  I don’t mean for this year so much, but overall we need to go for it.  Like next year.

56 minutes ago, Second Base said:

These are still my predictions

1. Angels trade Raisel Iglesias and Alex Cobb to Toronto Blue Jays in return for catcher Gabriel Moreno, and pitchers Eric Pardinho and Joey Murray. 

2. Angels trade Andrew Heaney and Jose Iglesias to the New York Mets in return for RHP Robert Dominguez and OF Alex Ramirez (Now the Angels will have two of them).

3. Angels trade Jo Adell and Jeremiah Jackson to the Cincinnati Reds in return for RHP Luis Castillo. 

4. Angels trade Kurt Suzuki to the San Francisco Giants for RHP Kevin Castro. 

5. Arte cures cancer.

4 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Joey Bart "most likely... "to be available" in trade.
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/07/joey-bart-most-likely-giants-top-prospect-to-be-available-in-trades.html

I know it's not a pitcher, but the Angels have always had a black hole at the catching position. Just a thought.

Pretty much impossible getting him for a rental. 

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Pretty much impossible getting him for a rental. 

But if you convert a few rentals into prospects and trade prospects you need less, that might work.  It might be a little complicated but Minasain is getting paid.

6 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

True, I just wonder if the right package could be made if names like Adell or Canning were involved. 

They'd want someone for their playoff push, but maybe it can be done adding some other names too. 

Just wonder for who. 

2 minutes ago, Revad said:

But if you convert a few rentals into prospects and trade prospects you need less, that might work.  It might be a little complicated but Minasain is getting paid.

The Giants are pretty thin at MLB-ready SP and a lot of their rotation hits FA this winter, so perhaps someone like Canning added to a rental or two gets things going.

FWIW, the Baseball Trade Value site has Bart at 21.9 value and Canning at 19.1...

You'd have to think they'd much rather be shopping Bart for one of the bigger name SPs to help though.

9 minutes ago, totdprods said:

The Giants are pretty thin at MLB-ready SP and a lot of their rotation hits FA this winter, so perhaps someone like Canning added to a rental or two gets things going.

FWIW, the Baseball Trade Value site has Bart at 21.9 value and Canning at 19.1...

You'd have to think they'd much rather be shopping Bart for one of the bigger name SPs to help though.

Yeah I was looking at the values too and it seemed strange that Bart was only at valued at 21.9.

The Angels would need to overpay a bit for him. Canning would be a start but likely doesn't help them immensely for this season. 
I'd toss Raisel Iglesias in the mix, but their bullpen (at least setup/closer spot is already locked. 

Though the article does suggest maybe they wouldn't mind taking on a contract.... They could use outfield help.... Oh Justin....

Screw it, fire sell Heaney, Canning and Jackson.... Yeah right... 

Edited by angelsnationtalk

6 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

That has to be a trade to setup another trade right?

Probably just clearing salary for Cruz, but yeah just adds to Rays needs for some pitching, while also lessening some of the need for the Mets.

Edited by totdprods

I mentioned this in the gameday thread but it applies here as well. Barria's start today should be a message that the Angels can and should sell on the deadline and may end up better despite "selling". There are guys in the organization that aren't in the Majors that make this team better. Come the trade deadline on Friday Barria should be a regular in the rotation. 

Edited by rafibomb

4 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I mentioned this in the gameday thread but it applies here as well. Barria's start today should be a message that the Angels can and should sell on the deadline and may end up better despite "selling". There are guys in the organization that aren't in the Majors that make this team better. Come the trade deadline on Friday Barria should be a regular in the rotation. 

Or Barria could be traded in a package for another starter.