• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

I would do that in a heart beat. 

One of the Angels' fan accounts I follow on social media posted "social media" rumors about Trea Turner + Mad Max for Addell, Adams, and a couple other pieces. Obviously putting no merit behind it because they're twitter rumors but if both players agreed to extensions, is it worth it?

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Just making sure, but there is only one trade deadline this year, right?  They got rid of the August 31st waiver trade deadline, right?

Can’t make trades but August 31st is still the postseason eligibility deadline for any signings or waiver claims.

8 hours ago, Second Base said:

The more the Angels win, the more I get the feeling Minasian is going to buy, just not rentals. 

I agree and this is the issue I have. Once August rolls around we play a big number of teams over .500.
We're about to get our asses kicked while sitting on our thumbs. 
At this point I don't even want the to rush Trout back. Test results said he's fine, but just let it fully heal and come back mid-end of August. 

Minasian comes from the Atlanta front office who had a philosophy of seizing opportunities, regardless of when they occur or what the team already has or needs.  I honestly hope he is not deciding on whether to sell or buy but what opportunities are out there to help the organization.  Based on his off season choices, I hope he does very little with trades but stays busy with DFA's.

25 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Don’t sell Cobb, extend him. Same with Raisel. 

I'll say it again: there's been no indication that they're talking extensions with either of them.  If they are and they can get the extensions done in the next couple days at reasonable rates,  sure, that could be fine.  If they're not already talking extensions, though, they absolutely should trade both of them rather than getting nothing of value when they become free agents. 

8 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Minasian comes from the Atlanta front office who had a philosophy of seizing opportunities, regardless of when they occur or what the team already has or needs.  I honestly hope he is not deciding on whether to sell or buy but what opportunities are out there to help the organization.  Based on his off season choices, I hope he does very little with trades but stays busy with DFA's.

Eppler did this same thing. Then again, since we've had Trout, the Angels have never really been a sell team. At least not in the last few years. 

We all say buy or sell, but really they'll move move expiring contracts and "leave the team competitive"...

14 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I would do that in a heart beat. 

One of the Angels' fan accounts I follow on social media posted "social media" rumors about Trea Turner + Mad Max for Addell, Adams, and a couple other pieces. Obviously putting no merit behind it because they're twitter rumors but if both players agreed to extensions, is it worth it?

I'd do it, but value-wise it'd probably cost Adell, Canning, Adams and Peris which us steep. 
But if it meant extensions it'd be worth taking a look at. 

Only concern is trading two of our top outfield prospects away....

Unless we can give Iglesias and Cobb to the Dodgers for Pages.