• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

11 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

So a couple young guys (20/21) with some upside.  Basically two wild cards.  That seems to set the baseline for Heaney's value, then.

However it does look like they're having great years this season.

Hernandez has a 3.49 ERA (1.20 WHIP) and 74 strikeouts in 56.2 innings in Low-A while Gutierrez has a .285/.418/.424 slash line at the catcher position for their Low-A affiliate as well.

Edited by rafibomb

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Also I agree with @Second Base, I can’t think of a good reason to move Fletcher away from 2nd base. I’m cool with him playing there if there’s an injury, but not as a permanent fixture or plan. 

There is no good reason to move him to short.  But I would consider it “permanently” (like for a whole season) if that’s what is necessary in an overall plan that makes him playing short the Angels biggest problem.

18 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

So a couple young guys (20/21) with some upside.  Basically two wild cards.  That seems to set the baseline for Heaney's value, then.

Heaney is probably not going anywhere.  Why would any team trade for Heaney when a bullpen game has better odds.

17 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Waiting for the Angels to make a move before the deadline while simultaneously waiting for our baby to be born. She's due next week and seems determined to make it to her due date.

Congratulations.  Stock up on your sleep...it will come in handy. 

I would do Scherzer for Adams and maybe another low level guy.  That's it.  Assuming an extension.  No to Turner.  Too much cost to acquire and not enough control.  

I would still move Cobb, Iglesias and Heaney for prospects.  I would move any of the rest of the pen if someone would give us anything of even remote value.  Sans Mayers.  

I would move Jose Iglesias in a heart beat.  I don't have a problem with Fletcher at SS for the rest of the year.  Although I agree he's not the long term option.  

The pen is so bad that I don't think it will have that big of an impact to lose Iglesias.  Maybe 2 games for the rest of the year.  I'd bring up half a dozen guys in AA/AAA and let them ham and egg it for the rest of the season.  I would expect that at least one of the guys in return for Iglesias, Heaney and Cobb could step in as closer.  Even though it's not the way I would do it, I'd think that there would be 2-3 guys total from those trades that could step into the pen right now and also be ready for next year.  

BTW, adding a Scherzer extension pretty much exhausts what I would expect for payroll next year with maybe another 10-15 mil left to get a SS.  So keep that in mind.  My point is you still have to pay Max and as much as people think it should happen, payroll isn't going up.  Arte just won't do it.  That means very little payroll room to improve the pen.  

The chance of the Angels making the playoffs this year is very very slim.  That's reality.  They have to get something for expiring assets this year.  It's the first time they'll have had that chance in awhile and likely won't have it again for another spell.  They really need to seize that opportunity.  It could be 8 or 9 FV of 40 or better added in one fell swoop.  It's not just that it improves the farm but imagine having 8 more guys to trade for next year?  That would be huge.  

Again, for me, it's all about next year.  I don't think Minasian is going to be allowed to think like that but it's where I'd be right now if I were him.  

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

That's my daughter you're talking about, you bastard.

david tennant rage GIF

My daughter turned 15 recently and she went from looking like a 14 year old to looking like a 20 year old overnight.

So while I am joking with you, it comes from what I am going through!

I am pretty much the guy in in the gif.