• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Just '22.  He's not on a long-term deal.  He's just going year-to-year.

I mean getting him for the run if we have one left in us this season and for all next year would be great, but at what cost?

One thing I know is we have a TON of SS prospects. You'd think one of them could be ready by 2023?

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I mean getting him for the run if we have one left in us this season and for all next year would be great, but at what cost?

One thing I know is we have a TON of SS prospects. You'd think one of them could be ready by 2023?

Jackson could be. Paris or Vera? Almost certainly not.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Jackson could be. Paris or Vera? Almost certainly not.

Paris and Jackson are at the same level, in Low-A. So both of them possibly. Vera is probably 2025ish. 

Honestly there's always Michael Stefanic who could play 2B and Fletcher at SS as well. 

Stefanic is currently on a 15-game hitting streak for Triple-A Salt Lake and overall is batting .331/.406/.473. He has shown exceptional barrel control, rarely swings and misses, doesn’t chase out of the strike zone and has shown growing power, impressing even in the context of his hitter-friendly environment. 

On 7/26/2021 at 10:32 AM, bloodbrother said:

Don't make the same mistake they did with Bundy. Trade Cobb and Heaney.

Bundy still allowed HRs in 2020, and lived off of his off speed stuff.

Cobb has allowed just 3 HRs in 77 innings and has a really low FIP.   Put good defense around him, like they’ve done the past week or so, and he will continue to succeed.

Re-sign Cobb, and hope Heaney pitches like a #3 on Wednesday and then trade Heaney.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Paris and Jackson are at the same level, in Low-A. So both of them possibly. Vera is probably 2025ish. 

Honestly there's always Michael Stefanic who could play 2B and Fletcher at SS as well. 

Stefanic is currently on a 15-game hitting streak for Triple-A Salt Lake and overall is batting .331/.406/.473. He has shown exceptional barrel control, rarely swings and misses, doesn’t chase out of the strike zone and has shown growing power, impressing even in the context of his hitter-friendly environment. 

I'd entertain a year or two of Fletcher SS and Stefanic 2B depending on how other things shake out.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Very curious to see what kind of value he brings back in a trade.  He's cheaper than Heaney for the rest of the season, but from a performance standpoint, there's honestly probably not a ton of difference between them

I honestly think Heaney is a decent amount above Anderson but that's just my opinion. All the peripherals favor Heaney and age as well (even though it's just a year). You are right though that the returns could be similar.

Edited by rafibomb

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Very curious to see what kind of value he brings back in a trade.  He's cheaper than Heaney for the rest of the season, but from a performance standpoint, there's honestly probably not a ton of difference between them

Heaney's 20.5% K%-BB% against Anderson's 14.2% says otherwise...

The odds of Heaney giving you dominant performances down the stretch or as a #3 or #4 in a playoff series are way above the odds of Anderson doing similarly. 

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

The odds of Heaney giving you dominant performances down the stretch or as a #3 or #4 in a playoff series are way above the odds of Anderson doing similarly. 

Heaney's peripherals are arguably the best of his career. I'm sure a lot of GM's see that and see a lot of value in getting Heaney a change of scenery.

2 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Heaney's peripherals are arguably the best of his career. I'm sure a lot of GM's see that and see a lot of value in getting Heaney a change of scenery.

I can see a team like the Padres, Rays, Dodgers, Yankees, Athletics or Astros offering a really, surprisingly good prospect or two for him. 

Almost any of those teams have a deep enough farm to 'overpay' and have the track record of making someone like Heaney turn in a very good couple of months.

Also wouldn't mind attaching someone like Mayers to Heaney in that deal too...he'd have value and again, a change of scenery and the right team could see themselves getting a really good deal.

Edited by totdprods

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Ok.  I mostly just meant that whatever the return is for Anderson probably gives a sense of the baseline return the Angels could get for Heaney.  Heaney is owed more, so that probably offsets at least a little of whatever upside he'd have over Anderson.

Personally, I'm not willing to entertain the thought of moving Fletcher to SS. 

I could go into great detail, which none of you would read, or I could just explain my perspective simply. We shouldn't take a great 2B and turn him into a decent SS so that we can have a decent 2B. We should keep our great 2B and just extend our current decent SS. 

You don't overthink it. You just appreciate what you have, and not try to turn it into something it's not. 

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Personally, I'm not willing to entertain the thought of moving Fletcher to SS. 

I could go into great detail, which none of you would read, or I could just explain my perspective simply. We shouldn't take a great 2B and turn him into a decent SS so that we can have a decent 2B. We should keep our great 2B and just extend our current decent SS. 

You don't overthink it. You just appreciate what you have, and not try to turn it into something it's not. 

Minasian was the one who said he believes Fletcher is a GG second baseman. So yeah, to your point, they should leave him there. 

My belief on the Scherzer/Turner package is we would give up too much combined for only one year of Turner.  If we want a great short stop then we have to look at cheap controllable pitching. There’s simply no way to afford, Trout, Rendon, Scherzer, Turner and Ohtani in 2023 and beyond. If you want Turner then you almost have to go get Marquez or Castillo instead of Scherzer.  Even then it’ll be tough to fill out a roster.