• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

2 many good pitchers in minors. Another great game by Barria his talents being wasted at SLC. Trade Heaney and Cobb make room for Barria and Detmers. Just makes 2 much cents not 2. Heaney and Cobb free agents in a couple of months. Rotation Ohtani, Sandoval, Suarez, Barria and Detmers. Anyways that's my 2 sense. 

beating a dead horse wtf GIF

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

No more long term deals

Unless one of their own like Ohtani, definitely no more long term FA contracts to FAs outside the org, they haven’t worked out after Hunter’s in 2008.

I technically consider Upton an outside the org FA acquisition, traded for a month before starting the long term deal.    And while he’s had solid periods of success, he’s had some really bad long periods too.   And doesn’t provide much defensively.

Edited by Angel Oracle

24 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Unless one of their own like Ohtani, definitely no more long term FA contracts to FAs outside the org, they haven’t worked out after Hunter’s in 2008.

I technically consider Upton an outside the org FA acquisition, traded for a month before starting the long term deal.    And while he’s had solid periods of success, he’s had some really bad long periods too.   And doesn’t provide much defensively.

Yes save money for Ohtani and extend Walsh

10 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

2 many good pitchers in minors. Another great game by Barria his talents being wasted at SLC. Trade Heaney and Cobb make room for Barria and Detmers. Just makes 2 much cents not 2. Heaney and Cobb free agents in a couple of months. Rotation Ohtani, Sandoval, Suarez, Barria and Detmers. Anyways that's my 2 sense. 

We just used every draft pick on pitchers….I don’t think we have too many….

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I would live to see an updated (including players just drafted) ranking of Angels top 30 prospects.  Where do all the recently drafted players rank, and how does the draft affect the rankings of the prospects that were already here?

Let's see which ones actually sign first (deadline is 8/1) and who might come and go around the 7/30 trade deadline....

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

Then you should also remember he’s been beaten to death and it’s time to move along.

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

Then you should also remember he’s been beaten to death and it’s time to move along.

I can't need to keep pushing for Barria. Besides I have not mentioned Danish in 3 days. 

Big trade for halos coming on July 30th or sooner. Angels will be getting a starter for next year. AW members will be very happy. Halos will make late run at wild card and fall just short. Minasian  gets halos on the cusp again. After halos DFA Bundy, he will be signed by Giants. Quintana stays in bullpen, Heaney and Watson traded to Toronto for young catcher and low minor league pitcher. Iglesias stays and signs 3 year extension. Wantz becomes 8th setup pitcher. Cobb stays and Barria is finally called up and put in rotation. Ohtani, Sandoval, Cobb, Suarez, Barria plus new guy makes up rotation. Trout comes back but does not look himself until mid August. Upton comes back and never gets going again. Rendon has a relapse and never plays again in 2021. Adell is called up in early August but is playing with new team ( Cleveland or Minnesota?) Marsh gets call in September but is on IL after 3 games. Danish never gets the call many AW members were hoping for.

14 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Big trade for halos coming on July 30th or sooner. Angels will be getting a starter for next year. AW members will be very happy. Halos will make late run at wild card and fall just short. Minasian  gets halos on the cusp again. After halos DFA Bundy, he will be signed by Giants. Quintana stays in bullpen, Heaney and Watson traded to Toronto for young catcher and low minor league pitcher. Iglesias stays and signs 3 year extension. Wantz becomes 8th setup pitcher. Cobb stays and Barria is finally called up and put in rotation. Ohtani, Sandoval, Cobb, Suarez, Barria plus new guy makes up rotation. Trout comes back but does not look himself until mid August. Upton comes back and never gets going again. Rendon has a relapse and never plays again in 2021. Adell is called up in early August but is playing with new team ( Cleveland or Minnesota?) Marsh gets call in September but is on IL after 3 games. Danish never gets the call many AW members were hoping for.

Biff wants this back. 

8A5282F0-A13B-41AC-B254-6E5A4513CD09.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

The storm is coming!

On 6/26/2021 at 10:13 AM, bloodbrother said:

Raisel Iglesias, Cobb, and yes, even Heaney should be able to be moved at the deadline. Giants immediately stick out to me as a team who could really use Raisel Iglesias to help solidify their closer situation. The rest of the guys on 1yr deals -Suzuki, Quintana, Jose Iglesias, Bundy - I'd be surprised if they could move any of them for much of anything.

Suzuki in particular strikes me as dead money because of his age and decline in production. I understand why he was brought in, and a one-year deal was the right option in that case. Everybody wants pitching, and if a team believes that they might be able to fix one of the underperformers, one or more of them may be moving on. Iglesias will probably be the Angels' most coveted trade piece.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan