• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I wonder if Minasian will try to make a blockbuster trade for Marquez and Story, similar to the Max and Turner trade. 

I don't think so. Rockies have said Gray isn't going anywhere so i'm seriously doubting Marquez goes. 

This deadline for the Angels is about to become very underwhelming. 

Question for everyone....

If the cute little report yesterday that the Angels were a mystery team in on Scherzer is true, do you think Minasian is actively shopping around one of Adell/Marsh and maybe Canning?

I know he will always listen to offers and explore what works, but wonder if he's more willing to part with him for pitching more than Eppler ever was.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If the cute little report yesterday that the Angels were a mystery team in on Scherzer is true, do you think Minasian is actively shopping around one of Adell/Marsh and maybe Canning?

I know he will always listen to offers and explore what works, but wonder if he's more willing to part with him for pitching more than Eppler ever was.

Thoughts?

Those players are available for a controllable high end starter.

I don’t know how anyone could think otherwise.

Just now, DMVol said:

Starting to feel like Minasian is going to take the Stoneman approach....but we'll see....

I don’t remember Stoneman having to rebuild or have so many guys on the last year of their contract.  I certainly don’t think this is the time to go all in and gut the farm.

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don’t remember Stoneman having to rebuild or have so many guys on the last year of their contract.  I certainly don’t think this is the time to go all in and gut the farm.

Would trading a couple of their best prospects for a Berrios or Alcantara be “gutting the farm”?

This team needs starting pitching going forward far more than it needs this many outfield prospects.

Nobody wants to “gut” the farm.  But I also don’t want to NOT make a trade to get what they need because that would arguably be “gutting” their chances of actually competing in the majors right now (now meaning next couple years).

Edited by Dtwncbad

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

Would trading a couple of their best prospects for a Berrios or Alcantara be “gutting the farm”?

This team needs starting pitching going forward far more than it needs this many outfield prospects.

Nobody wants to “gut” the farm.  But I also don’t want to NOT make a trade to get what they need because that would arguably be “gutting” their chances of actually competing in the majors right now.

For Berrios, yes.  For Alcantara no.  

The problem now is with Scherzer moved there's reportedly more interest in Berrios which likely drives his price up.  Sometimes there aren't deals to be made I get that but there's advantages to making early moves in FA and at the deadline.  Hopefully the Angels can capitalize on desperate teams but I don't expect much given what some other players on expiring contracts netted teams. 

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The problem now is with Scherzer moved there's reportedly more interest in Berrios which likely drives his price up.  Sometimes there aren't deals to be made I get that but there's advantages to making early moves in FA and at the deadline.  Hopefully the Angels can capitalize on desperate teams but I don't expect much given what some other players on expiring contracts netted teams. 

So wouldn’t that also make the price of Cobb, Heaney and Iglesias go up?

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

One more comment on your post above.  You think it is not the time to go “all in” and gut the farm.  I assume you mean “all in” for this year.

There is no indication at all that this team has any Interest at all in sacrificing the future for THIS year.

Edited by Dtwncbad

Bold Prediction:

Cobb is not traded because he is important for helping the young pitchers develop.  I think he will be offered an extension.

Heaney is not traded because there is not enough value to be gained.  Also, Who pitches the missing 3-5 innings that Heaney can be counted on in each outing?  Bundy? Quintana?

Inglesias is not traded and will be offered an extension.

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

One more comment on your post above.  You think it is not the time to go “all in” and gut the farm.  I assume you mean “all in” for this year.

There is no indication at all that this team has any Interest at all in sacrificing the future for THIS year.

Correct.  But fans want Perry to do something.  That something should be to sell and if they are going to buy, they have to buy controllable starting pitching that could be towards the top of the rotation.  Additionally you want to make moves at the right time.  Are prices higher now for that arm or in the off season?  To me the biggest need is controllable bullpen arms, those are incredibly expensive at the trade deadline.  

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

Bold Prediction:

Cobb is not traded because he is important for helping the young pitchers develop.  I think he will be offered an extension.

Heaney is not traded because there is not enough value to be gained.  Also, Who pitches the missing 3-5 innings that Heaney can be counted on in each outing?  Bundy? Quintana?

Super bold.  

24 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I wouldn't trade any of our top prospects either, unless it's for a controllable pitcher.  I would trade the expiring contract guys, though.....and no, Stoneman never had that situation....but he never did anything at the deadline, regardless of the situation.....I would like to see Minasian sell....

4 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Bold Prediction:

Detmers and Rodriguez. 

37 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Thoughts?

I think Heyman was being Heyman and reported whatever Boras told him ..... like always.

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

It wouldn't have changed the Dodgers' or Padres' offers I don't think. They'd probably look at our offer and flick us to the side haha

Lol, I don't think that was ever the intent.  Heyman has a habit of reporting random things and creating fake buzz.  He's not Rosenthal, he's not even Nightingale who gets everything wrong.  He's a Boras puppet and click chaser.

Just now, eligrba said:

Too soon.......Snadoval and Suarez should be the cautionary tale emphasizing patience in pitcher development.

Might not be too soon for Rodriguez. He's already found some success in the majors. 

But that's the point of trading what small assets you have. It's a gone year. Giving these guys a chance to grow in a season with no pressure is best. There's no pressure to be perfect if they aren't in a playoff race.