• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

Ward? Trading for a rental because Ward is sent packing? Really? Why do some still think Ward is a viable option here?

Ward will be traded because he has absolutely no value for the Angels. He is a 27 year old minor league outfielder who ranks as our #7 Outfielder. So any warm body we can get for him is worth it at this point. Even with options we don't need him clogging up the process in SLC next year.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

According to Fangraphs, Gray is 55 FV, Ruiz 50 FV, Carillo 40+, and Caney unranked (so let's say 35 ).

That would probably be something like Detmers (50), Adams (50), Kochanowicz (40+), and Lund (unranked).

You'd think that would just be for 1 of them but that was for 2 really good players and both are under control through at least next year. Seems like Max really wanted to go to the Dodgers and Trea was a bonus. Looks like the Dodgers got a steal.

11 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Canning has a 100 ERA+ in his career.  He isn't trash.

True, he's not trash, but he has absolutely zero trade value right now. He had an 84 ERA+ this year, was demoted to AAA, got lit up for 6 runs in 2 IP in his first start in SLC and went on the IL where he still resides.

No team is trading for him right now...

Just now, Angels Fan Forever said:

True, he's not trash, but he has absolutely zero trade value right now. He had an 84 ERA+ this year, was demoted to AAA, got lit up for 6 runs in 2 IP in his first start in SLC and went on the IL where he still resides.

Do you seriously believe this?

He has 4+ years of club control.

You don't think that has value?

1 minute ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

This is not a good take.  His trade value is pretty damn good.  

Yes.

If you were a GM would you trade for an average pitcher who was demoted to AAA, has a history of elbow injuries and is now on the IL in AAA?

If he had the upside and 4 years of control, yea, probably.  Trade simulator has him at 19.

54 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Go ahead and pretend he has no value.  

I think you are pretending he has value to any team over the next 18 hours. 

He was an 84 ERA+ pitcher who was demoted to AAA this month, has a history of elbow problems and is now on the IL. Who is trading for that tonight?

Canning, I hope, will regroup and earn a rotation spot next year but his 2021 season is toast.

33 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

You'd think that would just be for 1 of them but that was for 2 really good players and both are under control through at least next year. Seems like Max really wanted to go to the Dodgers and Trea was a bonus. Looks like the Dodgers got a steal.

Scherzer is a free agent after this season.  Trea has one more year and they traded him because he wouldn't sign an extension.  

46 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If Ward is traded then we can pretty much assume we are trading for a rental.  

I could see it being for a AAA reliever that's probably ready but may be in a contending org where they don't want to test a younger unproven guy.  Ward could be nice bench depth for a playoff team.  Multiple position flex.  Not a terrible hitter.  

1 minute ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I believe one of Max’s stipulations to a trade was an extension in place. I can’t imagine the Dodgers give up what they did without that. 

Likely.  Haven't heard anything about an extension as part of the deal yet though.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

I could see it being for a AAA reliever that's probably ready but may be in a contending org where they don't want to test a younger unproven guy.  Ward could be nice bench depth for a playoff team.  Multiple position flex.  Not a terrible hitter.  

I like Ward, but pretty sure this is his last option year, so he is not going to make it next season.