• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am baffled by the lack of enthusiasm for who Berrios is.  He is pretty damn good.

Paying the correct price for him would be a very good move for this team.

Next year matters.

And do you think a pitcher like Berrios costs more now or in the off season?  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok.  Regardless there is no reason to send valuable prospects for one year of a good but not great starting pitcher.  Spend more to get someone better for longer.

I mean sure, if it is the same prospects, Alcantara is a better choice because of years of control. But I think we would need to offer more for Alcantara than Berrios.

I really don't think we should go after either one today. It feels like a sellers market with those two guys and one of the teams who has a real chance to contend will over pay today. Hearing a lot of noise about the Padres on MLB Network.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And do you think a pitcher like Berrios costs more now or in the off season?  

Great question.  A little more now.  BUT he is available now.  You assume he is available in the off-season.  And he probably is.  I don’t like passing in a real opportunity today hoping the market is a little better maybe later.

Also, adding him now is more valuable than adding him in the off-season because the reality is the Angels are not entirely out of it this year.

AND, how about the same question for the value of an Adell?  Is he worth less in the off-season if he strikes out 38% of his at bats the rest of the way?

Edited by Dtwncbad

1 minute ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

I mean sure, if it is the same prospects, Alcantara is a better choice because of years of control. But I think we would need to offer more for Alcantara than Berrios.

I really don't think we should go after either one today. It feels like a sellers market with those two guys and one of the teams who has a real chance to contend will over pay today. Hearing a lot of noise about the Padres on MLB Network.

Yes you would need to offer more for 3 years of the better pitcher.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

Great question.  A little more now.  BUT he is available now.  You assume he is available in the off-season.  And he probably is.  I don’t like passing in a real opportunity today hoping the market is a little better maybe later.

Also, adding him now is more valuable than adding him in the off-season because the reality is the Angels are not entirely out of it this year.

It isn’t just about Berrios, pitchers like him with one year left on their deal cost less than the same type of pitcher for a playoff run and one year.  Plus they cost less in the off season because the team trying to trade them are competing with free agents.  Supply and demand.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

So @Dtwncbad if that is true, would you be willing to give up Detmers to get Berrios?

Hard question.  Detmers looks so legit and so close to being an impact major leaguer.  I would far rather give up outfield and middle infield prospects than give up Detmers.

I would rather “overpay” with other prospects and keep Detmers.  Detmers is too good an exact fit for what the major league roster needs.