• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021 MLB Draft Prospects Thread

Maddon won me over in his started today. he's at a 101 pitches thru 6.2 innings, Runner at second, head coaches comes out to take him out of the game, but Maddon force him and stays in to face the next guy he gets him out. We need this kind of attitude in our Rotation, outside of othani, we've got too many pussies!

23 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Maddon won me over in his started today. he's at a 101 pitches thru 6.2 innings, Runner at second, head coaches comes out to take him out of the game, but Maddon force him and stays in to face the next guy he gets him out. We need this kind of attitude in our Rotation, outside of othani, we've got too many pussies!

2 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Not me.  A first round pick should take the best player available regardless of their position. 

I agree.  I do hope that if we have a 1A and a 1B on our draft board and one of them is a college pitcher, I hope they take the college pitcher of the two.

Usally i am on the boat for the best available player should be picked, but I think this year it shou;ld be more of a team need vs best player. I am just tired of wasting money on free agents starting pitcher, and them sucking, while our young guys pitch much better than them. I truly believes that our best chances of devloping a solid rotation will be Internally! lucky for us, we're half ways there. When i mean a team need, I mean a guy with a good upside. 

Othani is our Ace

Canning, I'll be frank, he's been an disappointment this year.But he's pitched much better last two months, ERA combined over the last 45 inngs is under 4. he's been a 3/4 so far. 

Sandoval: the surpsie. I think he can be a guys with an ERA in the uppers 3s and low 4, while eating solid inngs, with the upside to be a solid 3.

Than you have Detmers and Rodrigues, both with high upsides.

Even with high upside arms that are ready, I would still like us draft a pitcher! It never hurts to have too many pitchers. If the best avaialble player is a pitcher, perfect! if not, you still draft a pitcher with atleast good upside!  

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Collegiate pitchers with his potential typically don't leave the board after the first couple picks.  

I think the only question with Bachman is,  "Do you believe in his change piece?"

The command isn't the worst but it isn't greatest,  and he's had little injuries here and there, nothing serious. 

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

Collegiate pitchers with his potential typically don't leave the board after the first couple picks.  

I think the only question with Bachman is,  "Do you believe in his change piece?"

The command isn't the worst but it isn't greatest,  and he's had little injuries here and there, nothing serious. 

So he's just waiting to get elected by the Angel's to get TJ.

My two biggest concern's with bachman are;

1. The little injuries here and there. One of the reports that I've read, is that om his 2 or 3 years at his college, he's missed time due to these injuries. IS this going to be a common thing once he get drafted? or is this just a sign if bigger arn issue that could come? 

2. His inability to go deep in his college career and especially this years. in 12 starts, he has pitched 59 inings, averaging just close to 5 innings per start. 

On 6/29/2021 at 12:40 PM, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Usally i am on the boat for the best available player should be picked, but I think this year it shou;ld be more of a team need vs best player. I am just tired of wasting money on free agents starting pitcher, and them sucking, while our young guys pitch much better than them. I truly believes that our best chances of devloping a solid rotation will be Internally! lucky for us, we're half ways there. When i mean a team need, I mean a guy with a good upside. 

Most teams try to lock up pitching aces, and their often shorter-careers means they won't reach free agency until the end of their effectiveness is in sight.

If the last few years has shown us anything, it's that no matter how good your position players are, you're not going anywhere when you have Joe Blanton-caliber pitchers on your staff giving you no chance to even win half your games.  

I like we have a developing pipeline of pitching talent now - but you need it to keep it full.  If we can get another ace-caliber pitching prospect with this draft pick, I'd put my thumb on the scale and take the pitcher.  

2 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

My two biggest concern's with bachman are;

1. The little injuries here and there. One of the reports that I've read, is that om his 2 or 3 years at his college, he's missed time due to these injuries. IS this going to be a common thing once he get drafted? or is this just a sign if bigger arn issue that could come? 

2. His inability to go deep in his college career and especially this years. in 12 starts, he has pitched 59 inings, averaging just close to 5 innings per start. 

In regard to the injuries, I'd be curious to see an MLB teams take on it.  If you remember, Canning fell to the second round because of his medicals showed wear and tear on his arm, indicating a greater likelihood of injury.  

That really hasn't much of an issue so far, no more than any other pitcher at least.  Some teams may be fine with him because the injuries haven't been serious, others may see evidence of a future breakdown.  

And to your second point, that's just kind of the direction baseball has gone now.  Guys that go 7 innings every five days are rare.  Now it's five innings once a week.  Bachman is just part of that new wave.  I'm not a big fan of it,  but at the same rate, I'd rather get five dominant innings than seven mediocre ones. 

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

My secret hope is that Jobe somehow falls to the Angels. Don't think it will happen, but he's probably the highest upside arm in the draft, if more risky than the college guys.

Plus, the name: JOBE. We'd get to hear Angel Oracle call him CHODE when he got bombed.

I doubt Kumar falls to us even with his rough last outing so Jobe is my number 1 on my list and it's not even close although I am sure he won't fall to us as well.

Edited by rafibomb

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

My secret hope is that Jobe somehow falls to the Angels. Don't think it will happen, but he's probably the highest upside arm in the draft, if more risky than the college guys.

Plus, the name: JOBE. We'd get to hear Angel Oracle call him CHODE when he got bombed.

Isnt Dr Jobe the guy that does all our TJ surgeries?

One way or another, that name is in our future