• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021 MLB Draft Prospects Thread

43 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Who do you guys want to see the Angels pick on day two?

Bubba Chandler is a prep pitcher/shortstop (teams see him more as a pitcher) that some had us considering in a few mocks with our first pick early on. It could be interesting to see if we take him if he's available when it's our turn. He also has a commitment for Clemson football.

2 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Bubba Chandler is a prep pitcher/shortstop (teams see him more as a pitcher) that some had us considering in a few mocks with our first pick early on. It could be interesting to see if we take him if he's available when it's our turn. He also has a commitment for Clemson football.

What's funny is that both Chandler and Will Taylor (who the Angels were rumored to be connected to) are Clemson commits, with both playing QB in addition to other positions.

I'd like to see another collegiate arm is the second round. Once we reach round 3-10, I'd like to see them take a chance on prep athletes. I understand this runs counter to what the Angels typically do, but the need for pitching in this organization is that great (that you would spend two of your top draft picks on fast rising collegiate starters). 

24 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I looked the dude up and was disappointed to learn he's not Black. He has one of those Reggie Willits names.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

I looked the dude up and was disappointed to learn he's not Black. He has one of those Reggie Willits names.

Of the 9 players named or nicknamed "Bubba" who've played in the majors, only one was Black.  Growing up in the South, I knew of quite a few "Bubbas," and the vast, vast majority of them were white dudes.  Most were good ol' country boys or rednecks.  Maybe you're just influenced by Bubba in Forrest Gump?  🙂

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Of the 9 players named or nicknamed "Bubba" who've played in the majors, only one was Black.  Growing up in the South, I knew of quite a few "Bubbas," and the vast, vast majority of them were white dudes.  Most were good ol' country boys or rednecks.  Maybe you're just influenced by Bubba in Forrest Gump?  🙂

That must be it. My formative years were the 90s.

One option:

Ky Bush, LHP, St. Mary’s College, 6-6, 240, age 21

Baseball America rank: No. 47

BA scouting grade (20-80): 50 | BA risk evaluation: High

Fastball: 60 | Curveball: 45 | Slider: 55 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 55

Scout’s take: Went 7-5 with a 2.99 ERA and 112 strikeouts to just 19 walks in 78.1 innings in his only season at St. Mary’s. A giant left-hander with a really good arm, which don’t fall off trees every day. Fastball has touched 96 mph.

16 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I know a guy named Bubba. Dude is HUGE. Used to bodyguard for celebrities, including Britney Spears (yes, she was a nutjob)

Oh! He's black.

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

I know a guy named Bubba. Dude is HUGE. Used to bodyguard for celebrities, including Britney Spears (yes, she was a nutjob)

Oh! He's black.

For some reason I think I've heard of that guy.

I spent my formative years in the 90s. Britney Spears spent her formative years being controlled by her parents.

56 minutes ago, Fourts said:

One option:

Ky Bush, LHP, St. Mary’s College, 6-6, 240, age 21

Baseball America rank: No. 47

BA scouting grade (20-80): 50 | BA risk evaluation: High

Fastball: 60 | Curveball: 45 | Slider: 55 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 55

Scout’s take: Went 7-5 with a 2.99 ERA and 112 strikeouts to just 19 walks in 78.1 innings in his only season at St. Mary’s. A giant left-hander with a really good arm, which don’t fall off trees every day. Fastball has touched 96 mph.

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

51 minutes ago, Taylor said:

For some reason I think I've heard of that guy.

I spent my formative years in the 90s. Britney Spears spent her formative years being controlled by her parents.

In general everyone spends their formative years “controlled” by their parents.  Britney, I think.  The right word is exploited.  By her parents and her professional handlers.