• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021 MLB Draft Prospects Thread

you trust your process.  If what's available at 9 seems redundant and no one stands out then get the best guy for the best price.  If you feel like there are going to be opportunities to grab guys in those mid rounds that you'd otherwise not have a chance at because of money then it's not a bad play.  

why pay a guy more than the next guy just because he's ranked a bit higher nationally even though your analysis doesn't justify that? 

The Angels will spend the max allowable on the draft.  If for some reason they end up spending less overall in order to save a few bucks then we can all grab our pitch forks and probably rightly so.  

There's a time and a place to pick bonus minded prospects. Depending on the outcome of picks 1-8, picking ninth overall is probably NOT the time or the place. 

If Jobe, Rocker, Leiter (obviously) are all off the board, then pick a Bachman or Madden type. 

Bit probably the last thing the Angels should be doing at this point in time is picking some prep arm ninth that otherwise would've gone 40th. The system itself needs more upside arms and that neither lends itself to best player available or meeting team needs. 

Don't F this up like you did the bullpen, Perry. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

When have they done this in the draft?

I think there has been a few cases where they sign a 1st round pick because they could sign him for under slot, so they could throw more money for a HS pick a round or 2 later. I think Thaiss and Wilson may have fit that caregory.

26 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

I think there has been a few cases where they sign a 1st round pick because they could sign him for under slot, so they could throw more money for a HS pick a round or 2 later. I think Thaiss and Wilson may have fit that caregory.

I agree.