• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021 MLB Draft Prospects Thread

With Sandy development as a middle of the rotation arm, Detmers improvement and development 9f being a solid 2/3 and Rodriguez showing the ability to be an Elite starter, I don't mind us go after Jobe. If there is strong belief that he has the chance to be special. 

Jobe's is basically Rodriguez, 4 dominating pitches with elite upside. If everything clicks your looking at 2-3 years before he's ready

36 minutes ago, mmc said:

How would you guys say this draft compares to other drafts over the past decade (comparing pre-draft analysis?)

Every draft class is different. But overall, not as talented as 2017-2020, but considerably more talented than 2015-2016. 

Looks to be a run of the mill draft class. Lots of athletic prep SS and CF, but low on collegiate position player talent. Average in terms of collegiate pitching. 

6 hours ago, mmc said:

How would you guys say this draft compares to other drafts over the past decade (comparing pre-draft analysis?)

I've heard that the top of the class is pretty average ie  the first round.  

This is a guess just based on pure numbers but I think there's gonna be some hidden gems in this draft from the probably 2nd or 3rd even through the end or at least the 10th round.  Even though additional eligibility was added for a lot of guys, that has to trickle down at some point.  Only 5 rounds last year.  The rest of the players have to be there somewhere.  So I personally feel like rounds 2-10 or 15 are gonna be very important this year and probably next.  

On 7/10/2021 at 11:08 AM, mmc said:

Schrier projected as a back half of second round pick or a drift to the beginning of the third round.

This kid really believes in himself and really has little to lose in going to UCLA to show next level success/further development to eventually move himself up to be a first round pick.