• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

One thing that Maria Torres from the LA Times is full of shit on is that we don't have the "prospect capital" to make a trade and that all of our prospects pose too much risk. 

What a load of shit. If you look at some of these prospect packages that were sent off for legit starting pitchers, most of them did not include a Top-100 prospect and while you could argue that the Padres #10 prospect is better than our #5 prospect, every one of those prospects dealt posed an F'n risk. No prospects are a sure thing. 

The LA Slimes can suck it. 

Just now, ukyah said:

all of these posters acting like bauer just signed with the mets. i haven't seen that yet, have i missed it?

no, i haven't.

when he signs, then we'll know.

And I'm not sure why trading Steven Matz signals anything. He's mediocre at best and has just one year of control left.

So fatalistic, here.

Matz is overrated and has underachieved.  Mets still have Peterson and Lucchesi even without Bauer.  Granted, Bauer would be a nice upgrade but losing Matz doesn't change much for them.  They already had extra rotation depth and smartly dumped Matz who isn't all that good for three major league or near major league ready arms all of whom have some upside.  

If they add Bauer they'll have done a nice job of spending their way to a really good team.  Yet even if they don't, they're still very good.  

I think the only top guys available via trade are German Marquez, Kyle Hendricks or Sonny Gray. 

I would push really hard for Marquez or Hendricks as Gray will cost more IMO since they already lost Bauer and from what I understand they still want to compete in the NL Central. 

Marquez and Hendricks on teams trending toward a rebuild. 

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Matz is overrated and has underachieved.  Mets still have Peterson and Lucchesi even without Bauer.  Granted, Bauer would be a nice upgrade but losing Matz doesn't change much for them.  They already had extra rotation depth and smartly dumped Matz who isn't all that good for three major league or near major league ready arms all of whom have some upside.  

If they add Bauer they'll have done a nice job of spending their way to a really good team.  Yet even if they don't, they're still very good.  

Yeah and like I said, he has just one year of control left so might as well get what you can for him.

Not saying they won't get Bauer, but everyone acting like it was the precursor to that happening is kind of silly. 

I read Sonny Gray alot but not sold Cincy would just hang it up in the NL Central which like the AL West seems weaker on paper. 

Jon Gray on the other hand from the Rocks I may believe. Not sure it’s better than anything out in the market unless you can bring another piece with it to fill a hole. Márquez suggestions seem like the Castillo thoughts earlier in the off season and would wipe out the farm. Not sure our new GM is ready for all in mode, in his first year. 

18 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Matz is as big of a wild card as Rodon, Moore, or Archer -- or Walker and his questionable medicals.  I was for trying Moore last year when he went to Japan, If they didn't need to focus on safe I'd  be hard on him this year.

But you're 100% right, Matz for all the hype is mostly overrated or unrealized potential at this poiint.  

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

One thing that Maria Torres from the LA Times is full of shit on is that we don't have the "prospect capital" to make a trade and that all of our prospects pose too much risk. 

What a load of shit. If you look at some of these prospect packages that were sent off for legit starting pitchers, most of them did not include a Top-100 prospect and while you could argue that the Padres #10 prospect is better than our #5 prospect, every one of those prospects dealt posed an F'n risk. No prospects are a sure thing. 

The LA Slimes can suck it. 

The LA Slimes fellates the Dogs, no surprise.

3 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

If Bauer is out of the picture, there better be a trade lines up for a top of the rotation arm. 

With what farm? Gray is pretty much off the list with the Reds feeling like they can compete.
Marquez is a pipe dream and Hendricks would likely cost too much. Besides, the Cubs have the second worst pitching staff according to Fangraphs. Do we really think they'll trade another starter? Not happening. 

9 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

With what farm? Gray is pretty much off the list with the Reds feeling like they can compete.
Marquez is a pipe dream and Hendricks would likely cost too much. Besides, the Cubs have the second worst pitching staff according to Fangraphs. Do we really think they'll trade another starter? Not happening. 

What do you mean with what farm?  

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What do you mean with what farm?  

FarmVille... jk

I know we have tradable pieces (Marsh/Adams), but what I don't like is what's left after that. Angels are still in a position where they're growing their farm talent. 

Spending more this season looks a hell of a lot better than trading Marsh away IMO. Come 2022 and Upton has 1yr left on his contract it could be wide open for Marsh to start getting serious reps. 

Sandoval/Barria MAYBE are moveable but i wouldn't touch Detmers/Rodriguez/Kochanowicz. The Angels finally have young SP talent with huge upside that they can develop.