• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

My personal order of who I trust most of the local Angels beat reporters:

- Fletch: Mainly because he's been around longer than the others. He seems more likely to have connections the others might not.

- Maria: Her and Rhett are nearly tied, but she seems to be a little more likely to have info others don't. The difference is minimal. Given how tight the Angels run their ship, no one seems to have that much info.

- Rhett: See above.

- Fabian: He's a kid. Doesn't seem overly insightful. His Q&A's particularly tend to be more unhelpful that not - like when he insisted right before Trout signed his extension that Trout was almost certainly going to free agency because he had no incentive to re-sign before then. I've yet to see any signs of improvement. 

18 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

My personal order of who I trust most of the local Angels beat reporters:

- Fletch: Mainly because he's been around longer than the others. He seems more likely to have connections the others might not.

- Maria: Her and Rhett are nearly tied, but she seems to be a little more likely to have info others don't. The difference is minimal. Given how tight the Angels run their ship, no one seems to have that much info.

- Rhett: See above.

- Fabian: He's a kid. Doesn't seem overly insightful. His Q&A's particularly tend to be more unhelpful that not - like when he insisted right before Trout signed his extension that Trout was almost certainly going to free agency because he had no incentive to re-sign before then. I've yet to see any signs of improvement. 

Honestly I find people who aren't beat writers for the actual team to be more insightful. It's not a bad thing to the writers, but they seem to cover the news when it happens rather than go digging for rumors/answers. 

That's why I find it really suspicious that only one writer has a saucy rumor that the Angels are out on Bauer when they usually report the same exact thing at the same exact time. Again, not knocking on them, but it's just what i've seen.

54 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Honestly I find people who aren't beat writers for the actual team to be more insightful. It's not a bad thing to the writers, but they seem to cover the news when it happens rather than go digging for rumors/answers. 

That's why I find it really suspicious that only one writer has a saucy rumor that the Angels are out on Bauer when they usually report the same exact thing at the same exact time. Again, not knocking on them, but it's just what i've seen.

It varies, but yeah, that can often be the case. 

I mean it's a safe position to be in. I'd say the Angels are unlikely to sign Bauer anyway, and if they don't people will immediately assume she knew something. 

I don't buy it. Unless something has drastically changed with the organization or someone hired by Minasian leaked this info (which would be hilariously stupid btw), I don't think she knows more than anyone else. 

12 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean it's a safe position to be in. I'd say the Angels are unlikely to sign Bauer anyway, and if they don't people will immediately assume she knew something. 

I don't buy it. Unless something has drastically changed with the organization or someone hired by Minasian leaked this info (which would be hilariously stupid btw), I don't think she knows more than anyone else. 

I agree. I also don’t buy that we aren’t in on Bauer. If we weren’t, other moves would have been made by now.

13 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

You are the problem with America these days. What a shit post.

LOL.

Anyway, I just find the reaction to her story completely overblown and over-the-top. It's amusing to me.  Accusing her of making stuff up, not actually having real sources, etc.  It's just bizarre.

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

LOL.

Anyway, I just find the reaction to her story completely overblown and over-the-top. It's amusing to me.  Accusing her of making stuff up, not actually having real sources, etc.  It's just bizarre.

It has ZERO to do with her gender. End of story.

16 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I buy that she knows more than I do about most things like this.

True, and it's probably true of everyone else here besides Fletcher. But Jeff himself has said while he knows more about these things than people here do because it's literally his job, he doesn't really have "insider" info like this. 

So again, it comes down to "leaked" info, hence the anonymity. That's why I am saying she's full of shit. 

Btw Bauer still hasn't signed anywhere.

52 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

LOL.

Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

8 hours ago, Second Base said:

Yes but that doesn't make for a good story. 

"The Angels may not be in on Trevor Bauer, but tomorrow, they may also be the favorites to sign him. I don't know."

And that's the problem with what Maria is doing. It's clickbait. The likelihood of her having an inside source with Bauer or the New Angels front office is slim to none. Closer to none. You have just as many sources as she does, Chuck. But for her to peddle her opinions as validated due to expertise when it's anything but expert comparatively speaking in regards to Fletcher, Bollinger or anyone else.... it's inauthentic. It's crap. 

100% why I haven't read it..... Well, that and Bauer fatigue...

FWIW....   

I think she saw the reaction her tweets got the day or two before and decided to write a story to generate views as a result.  Im not saying she made anything up or her opinions arent based on something but given the amount of attention those tweets got, a follow up story full of bombastic comments was a lock to generate traffic.

At the end of the day, she's got a job to do.

7 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

LOL.

Sexism aside, this is a small example of the state of the media in this country today.

People don't trust them.

Even after signing Kurt Suzuki to a one-year deal, the Los Angeles Angels have explored additional upgrades at catcher. Among the players of interest include the Chicago Cubs’ Willson Contreras and Boston Red Sox’s Christian Vasquez, according to league sources.