• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

11 minutes ago, Trendon said:

All I was saying is we haven't directly seen/heard a reporter say: "The Angels are interested in Trevor Bauer" or "The Angels are pursuing Trevor Bauer" or "The Angels have made an offer to Trevor Bauer."

And all that means is there is little direct info out there from their org. I think even Passan's quote implies more than just "they have a need, so of course they're interested." What I'm saying is if they had no interest, Passan is too good at his job to rely exclusively on speculation, and I can't see it not being known if there's reluctance on the Angels' side, or he's out of their budget.

I will say I'm skeptical that Twitter dude has knowledge of Arte's insistence of signing Bauer, but guys with much more repute do not, so I'm pretty sure he's full of crap. 

If it comes from Passan, Morosi or Rosenthal, it's solid. Passan is saying what everyone else seems to be thinking. Bauer doesn't necessarily want to go to the Angels. He'll go to Anaheim if they offer him the clear cut best contract, but he's pushing for the Dodgers. They offer the local So-Cal lifestyle, along with guaranteed serious contention, branding on a big stage, and a more data-centric approach. 

Just now, Second Base said:

If it comes from Passan, Morosi or Rosenthal, it's solid. Passan is saying what everyone else seems to be thinking. Bauer doesn't necessarily want to go to the Angels. He'll go to Anaheim if they offer him the clear cut best contract, but he's pushing for the Dodgers. They offer the local So-Cal lifestyle, along with guaranteed serious contention, branding on a big stage, and a more data-centric approach. 

Why do we want someone that doesnt want to be here?  and looking to overpay to do it?  Thats disaster waiting to happen.
Move on, its over.

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

Why do we want someone that doesnt want to be here?  and looking to overpay to do it?  Thats disaster waiting to happen.
Move on, its over.

I mean, a few reasons. He isn't opposed to the Angels, they just aren't his first choice, but if the Angels offer what he wants and no one else does, the Angels aren't a bad option for him. 

I don’t think there is any chance he settles for a one or three year deal. Even if the Dodgers offer 1/45 or the Mets offer 3/105, I think an offer of 6/150 would get him to sign. No way he takes on the risk of a one or three year deal if he can secure five or six years. 

$36m for 10 years is an Insta-NO.

But $36m for four years?  144m total?  I don't know, that sounds alright to me.  Those are inevitably going to be Bauer's best years.  We'd be paying him zero when he's 35+ and the FB is topping out at 91mph and he's putting up a 4.75 ERA.

Just now, Lazorko Saves said:

$36m for 10 years is an Insta-NO.

But $36m for four years?  144m total?  I don't know, that sounds alright to me.  Those are inevitably going to be Bauer's best years.  We'd be paying him zero when he's 35+ and the FB is topping out at 91mph and he's putting up a 4.75 ERA.

Who said 36 for 10? 😂

Highest I've seen is 250, which would be about 36 for 7, and Luba says that report is wrong. 

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

If this is true, why would any team ignore the fact that the player is not committed to the team. It makes me appreciate Ohtani  more and Bauer less.  The Angels would be wise to avoid such a bad marriage.

6 minutes ago, eligrba said:

If this is true, why would any team ignore the fact that the player is not committed to the team. It makes me appreciate Ohtani  more and Bauer less.  The Angels would be wise to avoid such a bad marriage.

If he signs with the Angels, I'd say he's committed to the team. 

1 hour ago, wopphil said:

I don’t think there is any chance he settles for a one or three year deal. Even if the Dodgers offer 1/45 or the Mets offer 3/105, I think an offer of 6/150 would get him to sign. No way he takes on the risk of a one or three year deal if he can secure five or six years. 

No way? He can make a lot more money signing huge 1 year deals year after year. You think he'd rather take 25 million a year for 6 years than 45 million for 1 and then another 45 million for 1 next year and so on?  He doesn't have an injury history that I am aware of and is clearly a different kind of person so he could simply want a certain amount of money per year regardless of contract length. If the Dodgers offer 1/45 and the Angels offer 2/75, he's better off taking the Dodgers deal and then doing it all over again next year. It's been reported he wants a short deal but now might be open to a longer term. All these reporters aren't really sure what he is thinking.