• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

26 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

This:

image.png

Even the Josh Hamilton situation, it's not like Arte vetoed Dipoto. More than anything Arte authorized the expenditure because he absolutely wanted him. It's not like Dipoto said, "No, Arte!"

It's a report from a non blue check mark, but even if it is true. I doubt Minasian is telling Arte, "No, don't get Bauer, we don't need him!" Minasian off anything would say, "Well, that wasn't the avenue I was going to go, but if you really want him, I won't complain."

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Even the Josh Hamilton situation, it's not like Arte vetoed Dipoto. More than anything Arte authorized the expenditure because he absolutely wanted him. It's not like Dipoto said, "No, Arte!"

It's a report from a non blue check mark, but even if it is true. I doubt Minasian is telling Arte, "No, don't get Bauer, we don't need him!" Minasian off anything would say, "Well, that wasn't the avenue I was going to go, but if you really want him, I won't complain."

I was mainly joking. As for the tweet, even if it isn't literally true, it could be. Arte is like that, for better or worse. Minasian might just be working within a budget, and weighing how best to use the money he's given, and Arte could get a hankering for Bauer and burst that limit.

12 minutes ago, mmc said:

Back on our old blog before we became an all in one website with the forum & blog, we had Darren O'Day journal a couple times for us during spring training. Pretty cool stuff! 

Volume 1: https://angelswinblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/darren-oday-player-journal-2008.html

Volume 2: https://angelswinblog.blogspot.com/2008/08/darren-oday-player-journal-2008-vol-2.html

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

I was mainly joking. As for the tweet, even if it isn't literally true, it could be. Arte is like that, for better or worse. Minasian might just be working within a budget, and weighing how best to use the money he's given, and Arte could get a hankering for Bauer and burst that limit.

I wouldn't put it past Arte, but veto probably isn't the right word. It's also a little early in Minasian's tenure to be doing that him. 

Arte didn't do that to Dipoto until he lost confidence in his previous acquisitions. He didn't do it to Eppler until he made some truly awful coaching staff hires, and I'm Eppler's case, it was for the best. I'd much rather have Maddon and Callaway over Ausmus and White. 

Minasian hasn't really hard the opportunity to disappoint Arte yet. Unless he's upset the Minasian didn't make it happen with Darvish, Snell and Musgrove, which I could see.

13 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Minasian has a budget to work with.  If Arte decides he wants to adjust the budget to get Bauer, it is kind of silly to characterize this as Arte “going against” Minasian or as Minasian being “vetoed” by Arte or whatever garbage people are throwing around.

Unless it interferes with other moves Minasian deems necessary.  Of course, it's not my money.